Memes That Describe How Readers Feel When Viewing An Odyssey Article

"Too often reactions are negative, but that doesn't mean we can't make them positive."

43
Huffingtonpost.com

In my opinion, there are far too many Odyssey articles that discuss topics which have been "dead" for ages. From the classic "10 Reasons Why" pieces, to others which usually involve the writer somehow assuring you they know your life... it can get quite old. While this is not a problem within my own community of writers, recycling and reusing topics is certainly prevalent elsewhere. These articles can get quite annoying, especially if you are like me, a non-conformist writer who is actively trying to instill a sense of change in the community. In my continuous and somewhat rebellious effort to disrupt the conformity of such "journalism," I thought it would be a great idea to mix it up a bit and make this discussion a little more entertaining by using memes. Below are some of the ways people might feel when reading articles from the Odyssey (alongside some comedic input of course):

1. Bored

This reaction occurs most frequently with articles that have been written about millions of times and eventually find their way onto the Facebook feeds of nearly all your friends. In order to fix this, us writers should strive to write meaningful and original pieces.

2. Angry

Feeling angry about an article can come from a number of factors. It could be a "dead topic," a poorly written article or even an opinion that the reader just doesn't agree with. The last thing your want your readers to feel... is angry.

3. Intrigued

This is a very desirable response to have from your readers. In order to get them intrigued, you have to write something that they will naturally be drawn to. So, as the rule for the click-baiters goes, if you can catch them with your flashy title, then maybe they won't notice your sub-par grammar within.

4. Annoyed

This reaction usually happens when someone posts something political. The face on the woman riding Splash Mountain above tells it all. While this might seem like a negative response, annoying your reader is something you just can't control sometimes.

5. Excited

Usually this reaction is from someone who is a little too excited to "find out" which character they are from the Office, however it can also be for a really awesome article as well.

6. Proud

The response all Odyssey writers hear at one point, especially from family members. This is also the way I feel when I read an article that is original and meaningful. So as the saying goes, "Do your job" and make us all proud.