Tips For Meeting Your Boyfriend’s Parents Without A Hitch

“They’re just as afraid of you as you are of them”

12
Haley Phelps

Meeting your significant other’s parents is scary. You want to make a good impression, be yourself, wear and say the right things. That’s a lot to do all at once and something everyone at some point will go through.

1. Pay attention to what you wear.

I am in NO way saying dress i like you would usually, but keep the occasion in mind. That is more important than worrying about how nicely your pants look with your blouse. If it’s a casual night, don’t dress up (unless you want to)!!

2. Keep politics and religion out of the conversations.

An obvious but very important one. Even if you feel like they’d agree, it’s best to save that for when you really know them.

3. Instead, keep conversations fun and lighthearted.

This is your first time to get to know them. It should be fun! Ask about what they do, what they studied, or other simple questions that could even lead to a connection!

4. Give compliments when appropriate.

Chances are, they did a lot of planning to meet you, especially if you’re at their home. Compliment the food served, decor, or other details you notice and it will be much appreciated.

5. Remember they are trying to make a good impression on you too.

They’re probably also super nervous. So relax, be yourself, and have fun! They will like your calm demeanor and likely relax easier when the initial stress has faded.