An Open Letter to my Roommate

An Open Letter to my Roommate

Inspired by.....my roommate
1717

Dearest meatball,

Not quite sure where to begin, but since this article was inspired by you here it is. If there's one thing you learn from living with someone for almost 2 years it is that there are no boundaries, especially for us. The amount of stories, laughs, cries, and all the weird and hilarious in-betweens we've had probably will never grace the Internet in order to save our dignity. But, there is no one else that would be able to tolerate me the way you do. Thank you for not hating me even after I threw up in your bed freshman year. Thank you for dealing with my panic attacks. Thank you for dealing with me sobbing over boys that never deserved my time in the first place. Thank you for protecting me from malicious people. Thank you for giving me those much-needed reality checks when my anxiety gets the best of me. Thank you for knowing me better than I know myself and being able to make sure I don't lose myself when I'm at my lowest.

You started as a random face with an annoying Connecticut accent at Orientation before freshman year. Then you become my floormate and practically a 3rd roommate from sleeping on my dirty Merton Hall floor all those nights full of facemasks and gossip. And almost instantly you became a best friend who has gone to hell and back with me. I'm grateful for all the experiences we've had together...even when you asked me to "throw hands." We have seen each other at our worst, but have stuck with each other to witness our best moments. You became a sister this summer who I couldn't go a day without talking to so I could rant or just because we needed to say hi because we were too used to seeing each every single day. Now you're like a life partner who I can never escape because we have too much dirt on each other that could ruin one another's life.

There is definitely no one else I'd rather share a room with regardless of your 500 alarms going off in the morning, your tornado of clothes left on the floor after you don't wake up for those 500 alarms and have to rush to class, or your crazy loud laugh that scares me ****less at 2 am when you see a funny gif on Twitter. Although you may lack common sense from time to time, you have the biggest heart and are the most thoughtful person I know. You see the good in everyone, even when I can't.

I'm sure our neighbors want to get us kicked out of the building from all the screaming, laughing, crying, and other obnoxious random crap we do from the odd hours of the night through the morning, but hey they're just gonna have to deal with it. Thank you for making me fat from always encouraging Chinese food and late night jersey fries from JPs but always balancing it with gym sessions during the day.

Thank you for chasing me down Park Avenue when I can't walk straight and making sure that all of Bridgeport knows that my name is "Erin Helen Sweeney get back here right now." There's too many memories and moments to reminisce on so I'll just leave it at thank you for being you and for putting up with my psychotic self for this long because I wouldn't want anyone else to. Love you always Erkle, we're stuck with each other now.

xoxo,

Erwin