You're Not A True 'Mean Girls' Fan Unless You Know What Day It Is

Time to wear pink and quote "Mean Girls" all day long.

129
https://www.instagram.com/p/8YaPt4u0Ny/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=ozt3fcne0qeu

In 2004, we were all introduced to the comedy "Mean Girls" which is an iconic film starring Lindsay Lohan as Cady Heron, a girl who was once homeschooled in Africa to now finding her place in North Shore High School.

Also, (fun fact) Tina Fey who stars as Cady's math teacher, Ms. Norbury, wrote "Mean Girls."

Cady faces a variety of ups and downs from befriending some school "outsiders," to then going undercover and being a part of "The Plastics," and eventually becoming the most popular girl at North Shore.

Now you're probably wondering why is today, of all days, "Mean Girls" Day? If you aren't a die-hard "Mean Girls" fan, then I'm here to let you know how October 3rd became such a special day dedicated towards this movie.

During all of Cady's new beginnings and "friendships", we are also introduced to one of North Shore's hotties, Aaron Samuels, who is Regina's (the superior plastic) ex-boyfriend. This is where things start to really get tough for Cady because she starts to develop feelings for Aaron, who is very much off limits based on the rules from "The Plastics."

Now we're getting to where October 3rd comes into play.

Since the ongoing high school crush, Cady does everything in her power to get Aaron's attention and thrives off the smallest interactions with him especially since he sits in front of her in math class.

He asks her for a pencil, let's her know that it's raining, and then one day a real conversation starter happened…he asked what the date was. Yes, ladies & gentleman, you guessed it.

"It's October 3rd," Cady replied, proudly with a grin from ear to ear.

Ever since October 3rd has been a day full of saying "That's so fetch," and "FOUR for you Glen Coco, You GO Glen Coco!"

Now, this October 3rd not only is it your duty to talk all things "Mean Girls," but you also are required to wear pink. Why wear pink? Because this October 3rd falls on a Wednesday, and "on Wednesdays, we wear pink."

This rule among many others was supposed to be followed by "The Plastics," if they sat at their lunch table. This was one of Regina's way to keep a strong hierarchy in the cafeteria, and there was even a map drawn out by Janice and Damian, Cady's "outsider" friends to portray who sits where.

This is obviously not a national holiday, but rather a way to keep such a riveting movie alive to this day. I mean how can you not love the classic high school movie that involves the cliché cliques such as jocks, nerds, cheerleaders, and hot chicks.

Celebrate this day by integrating "Mean Girls"references in your activities. Pick up your friend from class and yell "Get in Loser, we're going shopping," or explain your outfit by saying "I saw Cady Heron wearing army pants and flip flops, so I bought army pants and flip-flops."

Happy "Mean Girls" Day!