Mayfest 2019: A Review

Mayfest 2019: A Review

The best day of the year came and went.

38
Mayfest 2019: A Review
@thegr8khalid on Instagram

The gloomy weather and scattered drizzle didn't stop Syracuse University students from having a blast this weekend at Mayfest, which took place Friday, April 26th, 2019. Beginning as early as 10 a.m., music could be heard across campus as everyone began pregaming for the day.

For me, it was a day full of corn dogs and cheeseburgers as per usual. The day ended in the Dome as Khalid took the stage for my favorite Block Party yet. Overall, I had a great time. So, what did everyone else have to say about it? I asked some of my fellow students to find out.

"Mayfest was quite chaotic per usual, but I always love bumping into people I know! The corn dogs and cheeseburgers also never disappoint. After listening to Khalid's new album, I knew I had to see him at Block Party. It's definitely annoying when you have to wait 3 hours to see him perform for an hour, but I had so much fun singing along to all of his new songs and top hits!"

--Ariel Hylton

"My favorite part of the day was all the free food. That's honestly the main reason I came. My least favorite was how you can't buy alcohol at Block Party. They should sell alcohol."

-- Jordan Nuber

"Tailgates were my favorite part. It's nice to be able to wander around Mayfest and see people you haven't seen in a hot sec. Khalid was also really, really good. I went to all three Block Parties and had floor tickets each time, but I liked Khalid's set the best and I knew most of his songs. As for cons, I thought Mayfest was just alright. I thought it was really gloomy, which kind of killed the mood. Also, acts took so long to go on stage and once Whethan went on stage everyone was shoving and pushing. Block Party intermission was too long too."

--Megan Hu

"I wasn't expecting it to be that good of a concert, and it was a good concert."

--Clay Rott

What were your opinions on the day? Leave a comment and let me know.