How To Forgive Yourself

To all those lost in the whirlpool of guilt: If you have ever found yourself saying, "but if I just.." or "why did this happen?" This is for you.

Too often we sit in wonder of where we went wrong, but what if I told you went exactly where you were supposed to go? What if I told you, you're exactly where you're meant to be? Would the past matter? No! The past is in the past all we can do is learn from it.

Do you remember the scene from the Lion King where Rafiki hits Simba with a stick? Simba says, "What was that for?" and Rafiki says to him, "It does not matter it is in the past." Simba goes on to say, "Well it hurt." Rafiki replies to him with, "Oh yes, the past can hurt but the way I see it, is you can either run from it or learn from it." Rafiki goes on to hit Simba on the head with the stick again and Simba dodges the stick.

This may seem foolish to use this scene as an example but it is so crucial. Our past is uniquely ours and that's what makes us different. We have all gone through different battles, but the ones who choose to learn the lesson are unstoppable.

Now is a time of forgiveness. I do not just mean forgiving others. It is your choice to forgive those who have hurt or betrayed you. I do ask this of you, forgive yourself. Forgive yourself for thinking you were not enough. Forgive yourself for your mistakes, we are human, if we did not fuck up there would be nothing to learn from. Forgive yourself for thinking you were not worthy. Forgive yourself for thinking you wasted your time no time spent learning is wasted.

Allow yourself to forgive all the parts of you, they make you, you.

Do you see it? See how magical you are. Made up of universal stardust. Spreading your kindness to yourself and others. You're a radiant being. You're meant to shine.

You deserve some time alone to sit in silence and just listen to yourself. When we are silent the truth speaks. Allow yourself to be silent and listen to all the answers you have within you. You will begin to see that you deserve to forgive yourself and soon you will stop running from the past. Instead, you will learn all the lessons you were meant to. Listen, my dear one. Take in the beauty of the past you get to learn how to approach the present and the future with a better understanding.

There is nothing wrong with being alone, it does not mean you're lonely. It means you have found solitude in being alone.

How do you feel now, knowing you have the power to forgive?

I will leave you with this. I am proud of you for recognizing your worth. I forgive you for ever thinking you were less than whole. Now it is time you forgive yourself. Let the wind brush weight off of your shoulders and live in the bliss of forgiveness.