Mass Murder In Montreal

Mass Murder In Montreal

Pit Bulls: Harmful or Harmless?

6
Mass Murder In Montreal
Instagram: pitbullsfans__

As of Tuesday September 25th, the state of Montreal has decided that banning pit bulls and any pit bull type breed is the choice they have to make in order to "make sure everyone feels safe." This is the drastic outcome to a four-month-old case of a Montreal woman who lost her life after being attacked by a dog. The dog was identified as a pit bull, but the police now say they are waiting on DNA test results.

Without even knowing the DNA results, or considering that any breed of dog could have reacted the way this one did, Montreal placed this ban on the breed and pit bulls in shelters are automatically sentenced to death.

This legislation defines pit bulls as American pit bull terriers, American Staffordshire terriers, Staffordshire bull terriers, any mix with those breeds, and any dog that presents characteristics of one of those breeds. Meaning all dogs that look like, act like, or even smell like pit bulls, are included in this outrageous legislation.

As for pit bulls that are lucky enough to have owners, they will not be ordered to be euthanized right away. However, to keep their dog legally breathing, owners must meet the strict standards for a permit that they must purchase.

To meet the standards of the permit, the owner of the dog must have proof that the dog was adopted before the ban, have proof that the dog is neutered, have a background check done and issue a request before the end of the year, where they will have to pay $150.

Once they have the license the dog must be watched at all times, muzzled in public and kept on a four-foot leash at the most. If any of these criteria are violated, the dog will have its euthanization ordered and this must be performed within 48 hours, which could be hard considering that many vets have already stated that they will not euthanize dogs as a result of this bylaw.

A pit bull is not the only breed of dog that can be mean and aggressive, any breed of dog can snap and attack, it depends on the way that dog is treated, trained, and raised.