I Watched All The Marvel Movies And Here's What You Need To Know — Part 2

Weekend Bingewatch: I Watched ALL The Marvel Movies And Here's What You Need To Know — Part 2

The Marvel franchise definitely gives the people what they want.

278
Marvel Studios

In part one of the weekend bingewatch Marvel series, we broke down the pros and cons and the general concept of movies one through eight and today I'll break down the next six movies.

This portion of the Marvel films has some of the best and the absolute worst Marvel films.

One of the most important parts of Marvel films are the cut scenes after the credits at the end of each movie. At the end of every movie, there is a short clip showing a scene that gives clues for the next movie that will be coming out.

The cut scenes give you something to look forward to for the next movie and even fill in some blanks and questions you may have had at the end of the movie.

"Captain America: The Winter Soldier"

This is a solid and very important movie in the Avengers universe, but it is nothing more than that for me. I have never been a huge fan of the Captain America movies or storyline. Something about it never really clicked for me.

This movie focuses on the comeback of Bucky Barnes, aka "The Winter Soldier," aka Captain America's bestie. Essentially, when we thought his character died in the first film, we find out he didn't and he was brainwashed into being a bad guy.

Steve Rogers irritates me a lot of the time because he is so easily blinded by loyalty and feelings. Which, sounds great, but makes for his character to be problematic at times.

Also, I never formed too much of a connection to Bucky, so it was hard for his character development to completely flip and see him differently.

I give this Marvel film a 7 out of 10.

"Guardians Of The Galaxy"

"Guardians" is one of my favorite Marvel films ever. It is super lighthearted and every single character is wonderful.

While this movie, like "Thor," takes place on other planets instead of Earth, the main character Peter Quill, aka Star Lord," was born on Earth and was "adopted" by another being and raised on another planet. I know, it sounds weird but stay with me.

Peter meets Rocket, Groot, and Gamora and they end up becoming a team that fights evil "things" to protect the galaxy.

Later on they meet Drax who has similar motives to defeat Ronan who works for Thanos. Thanos, if you don't know, is the epitome of antagonists in Marvel and is Gamora's father.

This movie not only has a kickass storyline and characters, but the soundtrack is bomb. This movie is a great one to lift your spirits.

I give this one a 10 out of 10.

"Avengers: Age Of Ultron"

This Avengers film is one of my favorites. It's the first movie where all of the Avengers teammates are cohesively working together and become close friends.

Ultron is a program created by Tony Stark that was supposed to act as "a suit of armor" around the world to keep it safe, but the program becomes too smart and essentially takes form into one of Tony's Iron Man suits and is evil.

Ultron is voiced by James Spader, who plays Robert California in "The Office," and if you're an "Office" fan, you cannot unhear Ultron as Robert California. Thankfully I didn't figure this out until after I watched the movie or else it would've ruined it for me.

In this film, we are introduced to Scarlett Witch (Wanda), Quicksilver (Pietro), and Jarvis, Tony Stark's personal control system program who takes form into a GOOD version of Ultron.

This movie is definitely a great Avengers movie if you weren't a fan of the original "Avengers."

I give this film a 10 out of 10.

"Ant-Man"

I love "Ant-Man" because Ant-Man is played by Paul Rudd.

Ant-Man, aka Scott Lang, is a petty thief who breaks into a famous scientist's house (Hank Pym) and is set up by him to become the Ant-Man, which he created. Scott is then trained by Hank and his daughter, Hope to become the superhero, Ant-Man.

This movie focuses on Hank and Hope training Ant-Man so that he can complete a mission to destroy the use of the technology to create Ant-Man suits in another facility.

This movie is good, it's just not my favorite.

I give this one an 8 out of 10.

"Captain America: Civil War"

This movie kicks ass. It's basically another Avengers movie, but with a little more focus on Captain America.

After the destruction took place in "Age of Ultron," the government asks the Avengers to sign an agreement essentially asking them to not be superheroes without permission. In this film, we meet the Black Panther, aka T'Challa, who fights for the wellbeing of his countries after his father is killed in an explosion regarding the Avengers peace treaty.

Tony Stark finds out news about Cap's buddy Bucky which causes him to hate him and want him dead or in jail. The Avengers then become divided as they all don't agree with Tony's vendetta while Cap works to keep Bucky safe and save him from the manipulation he is facing from Hydra.

The animosity between Captain America and Iron Man specifically makes this movie wildly entertaining, as the two leaders of the group.

This movie leaves you wanting more 100 percent, but again, I find Cap's loyalty and feelings making for a very difficult resolution. Same with Tony, Tony is only interested in the opinions of himself and his knowledge, and usually, I find it charming, but in this film you just want to scream at him to look at the situation more objectively. I digress.

This is such a good movie, and I give it a 9.5 out of 10.

"Doctor Strange"

Ugh, Dr. Strange. He's something. I personally have a weird dislike for Dr. Strange's character, and while the movie is entertaining, it misses the mark on the connection with the audience.

One thing Marvel does a great job at is really screwing up the continuing romantic connections when the female counterparts are played by incredibly famous and talented actresses like Rachel McAdams and Natalie Portman. That happens with Rachel McAdams in "Doctor Strange."

This love connection could not have been more lazily put together to the point where when it ends you're like "Oh, I forgot that was a thing."

Dr. Strange, aka Steven Strange, is a surgeon who gets in a car accident and can't use his hands as well as he did prior. He goes to search for a solution when he hears about a paraplegic who was healed by this "treatment" in Kathmandu, Nepal.

There, to his dismay, he is trained to become a master of mystic arts and becomes the protector of one of the Infinity Stones, the time stone.

This movie is weird, but intriguing and I feel like I would have liked it better if it wasn't a Marvel movie in the Avengers franchise.

I give this movie a 7.5 out of 10.