I'm The Girl Who Was Ready To Settle Down At 25, Until I Was NOT

My Prince Charming will show up when I'm ready for him to show up.

173
Brooke Cagle/Unsplash

Hey, my name is Tiffany and I used to be the girl who wanted to be married at 25.

"Why?" you ask. Because according to Hollywood movies, 25 is the perfect age to have all your stuff together. But let's face it, even Rachel and Monica didn't have their lives together at 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, or even 30! So what makes me think I would have my life so perfectly planned that nothing could ever disrupt it.

That's just it though, life always ends up messing with your perfect little plans until you just want to stop making plans all together.

But you want to know the one thing I tell myself when I'm feeling particularly down, "It's going to be alright my Prince Charming will show up when I'm ready for him to show up." It's not a race to the altar, though some days if seems like everyone else thinks so based on the comments on Facebook. So what if you're old high school buddy just got engaged, be happy for her and not think about yourself.

SEE ALSO: Yes, Effort Is Attractive, But Being The Only One Giving It Is NOT

The other big reasons is that I'm not mentally or financially in a place to even THINK of getting married. Here I am at what used to be my "perfect" age unable to see myself walking down the aisle in that white dress.

Someday.

The day will come when I can see myself getting married and I'll be ready for it. But until that day comes, I'm not gonna worry about it because I have life goals planned for myself to achieve, goals that I would like to see happen before marriage. Remember guys, it's not a race but a stroll through life.