5 Things To Do When You Are Married And Have A Crush On Someone Else

Just because you are married does not mean you are blinded to any other attraction.

138
Liz Maryann Photography

Being married is a great thing, but that doesn't mean that you're suddenly blind to everyone else on the planet. It's not weird to be attracted to someone who isn't your spouse on some level. What matters is what you do about it and how you communicate these feelings to your spouse. Here are five things to do when you're married and have a crush.

1. Be honest

I always let my husband know that a woman's eyes can wander too and we are probably better at it than any man. [insert emoji eyes] One time I joke about crushing on my daughter's teacher and told him about it.

The next day he said, "let me come and see who you are crushing on."

It made me laughed while we were dropping off my daughter. It is always good to have that edge to let your husband know that he may need to step up his game. OK, maybe it only works for me. LOL. A healthy communication will always be the key.

2. It's normal to have a crush

I know some will probably think that crushing on someone seems like cheating but we all have feelings. Lust is one of them, and it does not mean you have to act on it.

3. Project those feelings to your partner

It may be the time when your partner will thank you for lusting for someone else. He gets the better end of your emotions.

4. Talk to someone

I know sometimes it may be hard or embarrassing to talk to your husband about another guy, but I am sure there is someone else eager to hear you out. I mean it seems like it is time for a girls night out or night in with some wine and exciting topics. I am sure your best friend would want to know about this crush.

5. This too shall pass

I guess everyone needs a reminder that feelings come and go. A silly crush should not take away your value of marriage. It most certainly should not cross any lines, or it may be time to re-evaluate your relationship.