I love march madness

March Madness Isn't Just For The Boys

March Madness is an event that is fun for everyone to participate in!

49
March Madness Isn't Just For The Boys

The NCAA basketball tournament, also known as March Madness, is one the most popular sports championships to predict and bet on. I remember ever since I was a little kid, I have filled out a bracket and participated in the March Madness fun. When I was in elementary school, I even won, beating out everyone in my dad's office. I have always been more of a tomboy when it comes to sports. I've always loved to watch and play all different kinds of sports. However, there are lots of girls that aren't like me and don't know a ton about current sports news.

The great thing about March Madness is that it is fun to participate in even if you don't know a lot about sports, or even basketball. The way the brackets are set up is that basically, everyone is just playing the game of odds. The bracket tells you which teams are better than which teams based on their ranks, so you don't really need any prior knowledge. You can just guess based on the team rankings and do pretty well. If you just guess based on which teams are higher ranked, all people will see is that you did decently well, and you didn't embarrass yourself. Filling out the brackets is a good conversation starter and bonding tool to use when you usually wouldn't have anything else to talk to someone about.

When I was growing up, going through school I was one of the only girls who would fill out a bracket and participate. As time has gone on, brackets are now mostly digital and online, and through the rise of popularity of the tournament through other forms of media, March Madness has become something for all people to enjoy. In my sorority, we made a group entirely of just girls who wanted to make a bracket. Usually, when girls fill out brackets and try to participate, it is seen as something they do just to become "one of the guys" and to impress male figures in their life, not just because they enjoy it. But now, girls are just making groups literally to enjoy it, and not for any other outside reason.

Let's get it, ladies, March Madness is our season.