Maqui Berries

Maqui Berries

Newest Super Fruit of 2017

44
Maqui Berries
My Nutrition Advisor

The newest super fruit of 2017, the maqui berry

Grown wild in parts of southern Chile and Argentina, this berry is very rich in anthocyanin, the purple pigment with dense levels of antioxidants. Actually, the highest amount of antioxidants in any super fruit.

Why this berry? The maqui berry has several healthy components to it besides the beautiful array of antioxidants. According to Chris Kilham from the medicine hunter, the intake of the berries or juice causes a significant increase of insulin in the body. Meaning that consuming the berries with or after meals works to suppress blood glucose. This leads to evening out your energy levels and preventing the formation of new fat cells. The maqui berry is also a good source of potassium, iron and vitamin C, it has a detoxifying effect as well as anti-aging.

It is difficult to find maqui berries in their pure form, but powder, juice and dried berries are available and just as effective.

Antioxidant levels compared to other fruits

Maqui Berry 12.3

Blackberry 3.5

Strawberry 4.1

Kiwi 0.5

For more information on this new super fruit: http://www.medicinehunter.com/maqui