I Am Confident

I Am Confident

But this is not an excuse to tear me down

759
pexels

I am confident. I am an independent and strong person. But this does not make me perfect or invincible.

I have been through struggles in life. Long, hard struggles that I wasn’t always confident through. Struggles that completely destroyed me. I have worked so hard to build that confidence and courage and fire in me, so please, I’m begging you, do not put it out.

I know every single flaw of mine inside and out. I am not perfect. I make mistakes and I mess up all the time. No one knows that better than me. The difference is that I’ve learned to accept that. I’ve learned to own my flaws instead of letting them define me.

Do not think for one second that I walk with my head held high to prove I am better than you. Do not think for one second that anything I do or any way I carry myself is in spite of you. Everything I do is for me and the people I care about most in life. Do not think for one second that because I do not get emotional often or because I do not allow little things to affect me that I am flawless. Do not use my strength as an excuse to try and tear me down.

When you try to tear me down, you slowly start to chip away at all of the work I’ve put in. You slowly take pieces of me. You slowly try to make me a weak person. You try to make me an empty shell of a human being and for what I will never know.

What I do know is that I am a confident person. I know that I have worked too hard to allow myself to be degraded or treated as less human because I possess this courage. I deserve compassion and understanding because no matter what you choose to see, I feel. I feel a lot, all the time and I have a huge heart. If you looked deeper than my cover you would see my binding and understand my pages. You would recognize my story and my struggles and see my confidence as a beautiful entity I possess instead of thinking it is a personal attack on you. I promise ruining me will not make you feel better.