Mama, I Love You

Mama, I Love You

Not only are you my mother, but you are one of my best friends.

700
Mama, I Love You
Lisa Pennington
Mama I love you
Mama I care
Mama I love you
Mama my friend
You're my friend
Mama, you're my friend

I remember singing Mama by the Spice Girls, to you, when I was younger. Back then I had no clue how much meaning the lyrics held, I just knew that you were my mama and that I loved you. Now that I'm older I realize how truly touching that song is. Every time I hear it I think of you and all of the things you've done and continue to do for me throughout my life.

Not only are you my mother, but you are one of my best friends. I know that I don't call you as often as I should, and sometimes I get ill with you. I know that I don't spend as much time with you as I should. But I want you to know that doesn't mean I love you any less than I did as a child. In fact, I love you more. I have a deeper appreciation for you and that made my love grow stronger.

I didn't want to hear it then but
I'm not ashamed to say it now
Every little thing you said and did was right for me
I had a lot of time to think about
About the way I used to be
Never had a sense of my responsibility

Back then I didn't know why
Why you were misunderstood
So now I see through your eyes
All that you did was love

You have always been one of my biggest supporters; I now realize that even when I felt like you didn't support me, I was wrong. I used to think you were just crushing my dreams by speaking your opinion (the harsh reality), but you were really just being honest in order to try and spare me the pain that may follow. You were trying to protect me.

I have realized that mother really does know best. I think back on all the times you offered advice that I just brushed off and how wrong I was. You were trying to open my blind eyes to the truth that laid right in front of me. You're like my Jiminy Cricket. Even now when I don't listen to you I always end up regretting it. I may not show it, but I really do value your opinion more than anyone else's. I hope that one day I stop being so stubborn and do what you tell me, for once.

Me loving you, you loving me
A love that's true and guaranteed
Me loving you, me loving you
A love that's true
And guaranteed

You are and always will be my rock. You're my rock, the biggest constant in my life. Your love is the one thing I'm certain of. You have always loved me even when I didn't feel like I deserved it.

I know I can be difficult to put up with, but you never give up on me. You've seen me through some of my darkest times.

I'm so thankful to have a mother who doesn't brush off my concerns. Instead, you listen and help me get whatever kind of help I may need. Because of that, I know that I can come to you with any situation and you'll have my back. I know that no matter what happens in my life you'll always be there to pick up the pieces.

I know this because you are my mother; you made me, you raised me, you lead me to where I am now.

I love you mama, more than you could ever know.