Don't Define Yourself By How Much Male Attention You Receive

Do Not Define Yourself By How Much Male Attention You Receive

He's not worth your time sis.

397
Nicolle Majette

I get it, it's pretty flattering any time a guy comes up to you and offers you a compliment. The "you're beautiful"s and the "you look nice"s are sure to put a smile on any girl's face. It's especially nice to see men being respectful to women and boosting their confidence. However, sometimes we get too caught up in the attention and let it get to our heads.

Ladies, please do not let a man define your worth.

You do not need a man to know who you are, and what you are capable of!

I see that a lot of women crave male attention because it makes them feel good about themselves, which is valid, however, you do not need a man to be that constant supply of happiness.

It's 2019 and we need to start making our own waves. Stop seeking approval from men, stop excessively craving male attention because it's not worth your time sis.

I understand that we're all human, and we've most likely all felt this way at some point or another. But if we continue to define ourselves by the attention we receive from men, we will not learn how to appreciate our true self-worth.

It must get tiring constantly worrying about which guy didn't text you back, what guy gave you a compliment, who asked you out, and who didn't. Ladies, it is not worth it. Focus on yourself for once, and ask yourself: 1.) Why am I doing this? 2.) Is this going to make me better? 3.) Is this going to make me happy? 4.) How is it going to improve me or the quality of my life?

Instead of getting caught up in all of the attention, take a journey to discover yourself. Read some books, practice yoga, write in your journal, practice mindfulness, do whatever you need to do to be the woman you want to be.