If He Makes You Feel Like You're Competing, Leaving Him Is A Win

No person should ever feel as if they are competing for a spot that they already have.

1205

As many people may know, romantic relationships are hard enough on their own, but imagine adding in feeling like you aren't the only person he has feelings for or even an attraction to.

Now I do understand completely, it is normal to be attracted to other people while you're in a relationship, we all are human, but if that attraction takes form in affecting the relationship directly, that is where the problem begins.

I have always felt stuck in scenarios where I felt I was always competing with other women. I have yet to come across a situation where I felt like I was the only girl in the world to that guy. It may not hit as hard if you're just in the talking stage, but once you hit the relationship stage, it's game.over.

No person should ever feel as if they are competing for a spot that they already have. It turns into this mind game you end up playing with yourself when you feel as if the attention is drifting away from you and starts to go onto other women.

Then, you start to play the internal dialogue within your head: "what does she have that I don't" or "maybe if I looked like that, he wouldn't even pay her any mind". All of these are straight up bullshit, just saying. I get it, I do the exact same thing to myself whenever I am thrown into this situation, but I am telling you that in no safe and secure relationship should you ever have to feel like you are in competition with another woman.

Leaving has to be the hardest part of it all. When you work so hard on a relationship and the other person just ends up stabbing you in the back has got to be one of the most painful things to experience emotionally. I used to make excuses as to why I should stay. Thinking to myself that things will change, he'll start to give me the love that I give him, but sometimes when you continue to just keep giving those extra chances, some people take advantage of it. Not everyone has the same open heart as you do, you have to remember that.

Never think that just because he did this to you means that it will always happen to you for the rest of your life. There will be an amazing person that comes into your life and just makes you feel as if you are the only woman standing in a spotlight in a crowded room. It may take a couple failed relationships and a few heartbreaks in between, but your person is out there somewhere for you.

Don't just stay out of the fear that you won't end up finding someone else to love. You will.