10 Ways To Make This Summer The Best

Ah, summer. The time to kick back, relax, not have to worry about school, and just a time to get away from it all. The dorms are now quiet, our childhood rooms are filled with decor and luggage from college, and we've already started messaging all of our college friends things like, "miss you already!" and "can't wait to see you soon!"

Now that the summer has kicked off, I'll share some of my tips on how to make this summer the best yet.

Spend some much needed time with your family

You don't realize how much you truly take your family for granted until your in college or away from them for a long time. Take being home as an opportunity to catch up with those at home that you love.

Your siblings may seem like brats and parents do get annoying, but in a few short months, they won't be there every day. It sounds cheesy, but take some time this summer to be with those who care about you the most.

Save money to make college a little less stressful

Summer is the perfect opportunity to work and save money! Having a little extra cash to pay for impromptu ice cream dates or a quick trip to the mall is never a bad thing! Working over the summer will also help you save money to pay for tuition or extra fees to make college a little less stressful.

But don't forget to treat yourself

As good as it is to save money for tuition and your meal plan, don't forget to treat yourself too! Maybe buy some things to spice up your wardrobe for next semester, or splurge on some new dorm or apartment decor! Maybe even save some extra money for water parks or fun stuff during the summer.

Learn to love your job

If there's one thing I do during the summer its work. Since you'll be spending a lot of time at your job, you might as well learn to love it. I know that not all coworkers are the best, but this is a perfect time to learn to have fun and love your job.

Take a weekend trip

College friends are seriously hard to leave, so take a road trip to see them! If you have a friend in a different state or a few towns over go visit them! Summer is the perfect time to explore and get out of your comfort zone! Not only will you get to finally see your best friends from school, but you'll also get to try and see something new.

Seriously unplug

Build in some time to relax. Go to the lake, head to the pool, take a hike, or just take some time to read or paint. A mental break will change your perspective on a lot of things and make it easier to become one with yourself and really focus.

Find a new hobby that you love

During the summer you'll also have a lot of free time. Instead of using all of that free time to watch Netflix or YouTube videos, take some time to learn or work on a hobby that you've always wanted to try. Summer is the perfect time to work on a new hobby to keep with you for the rest of your life.

Make some healthy changes instead of focusing on a 'beach bod'

We've all seen those "how to get your summer bod" and "bikini body workout" videos and articles. Instead of worrying about making your body look "perfect" and trying to meet unrealistic body expectations, maybe just try to incorporate some healthier habits. Instead of hurting your body, help it by trying a new healthy recipe or trying a new workout routine.

Spend some time with yourself

Truly learn to love yourself this summer. You'll have a lot of downtimes this summer to focus on yourself and your needs. Really learn about yourself this summer, love yourself, and take some time to evaluate yourself. You'll be away from stress and some negative people from school, so take advantage of some time without them and focus on you and your needs and goals

Volunteer and get involved in your community

Have something that your passionate about? Find different protests or groups that advocate for what you're passionate about! Be active in your community and strive to make a difference! Get out there and volunteer or protest to make our world and your community a better place.

Summer is a super great opportunity to take some time for yourself and focus on positive things and love. Hopefully you can do some of these things and we can all have the best summer ever.