6 Things To Do To Make Mornings Easier

6 Things To Do To Make Mornings Easier

Here's a few simple things you can do to help make your morning routine less dreadful.

73
6 Things To Do To Make Mornings Easier
Wikimedia

It's quickly becoming that time in the semester where we lose our motivation. We find ourselves snoozing our alarm clock, and doing anything and everything to not have to go to our early morning classes. We are past the point of midterms, and now classes seem to be going slower than ever. Finals are still far away, and we don't have much to actively be doing. For myself, I always find this the hardest part of the semester.

If you're like me, mornings can be hard. I've seen posts on Instagram and Facebook about morning routines, but I never knew if the little things really worked. I always thought that waking up early is rough, and that's just how it has to be. Boy was I wrong- After about 2 months of trial and error, I have found 6 things that truly help me start my day off without a problem. Mornings do not have to be difficult, especially now. Here are 6 simple things you can incorporate into your mornings to start your day off right.

1. Set your alarm earlier

I've found that by setting my alarm just 30 minutes earlier than I normally would has helped me ease into my day. With 30 extra minutes, I find don't find myself feeling rushed. I am able to go through my normal morning activities, with a few minutes of leeway.

2. Drink Water!

The very first thing I do when I get out of bed is drink a glass of water. I was told that after sleeping all night, our bodies wake up extremely dehydrated. I started doing this about 2 months ago, and I can honestly say it has made such a difference in the way I feel. As my sister always says- a hydrated body is a happy body.

3. Stretch.

This step may be my favorite step I've incorporated into my morning routine. It sounds like it is too time consuming, but I take a simple 5 minutes out of my morning to stretch and it has made such a difference in the way I feel. By stretching in the morning, I am able to get my blood flowing throughout my body. So, instead of pressing the snooze on your alarm clock, get up and get moving!

4. Wash Your Face.

This may seem like an obvious step, but I don't mean just splash your face off. I've noticed that by taking a few minutes out of my morning to really wash and exfoliate my face, I am able to feel a difference. Not only do I feel more awake, but I've noticed my skin is usually more vibrant and clear throughout my day.

5. Eat Breakfast.

You know what they say- breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Since I've started eating breakfast every day, I can vouch for this. I truly believe that food fuels our bodies, so it important to set yourself up for success. By eating a healthy breakfast, you are able to fuel your body with the nutrients it needs to start its day. Trust me, you'll thank yourself once you ensure you eat breakfast every morning.

6. Limit your Caffeine.

I get it- I really do. Until 2 months ago, I would drink 2 cups of coffee in the morning, bring a cup to class, and start brewing a fresh pot as soon as I got home from school. I love coffee just as much as the next kid, but we get addicted to it without even realizing it. I became dependent on coffee, it was hard for me to cut back. With starting my day with water (step 1) I find that if I hydrate my body, I do not rely as much on caffeine. By limiting yourself to one cup a day, you will feel so much better once your body starts using food and nutrients to energize it.