Make It Last

Make It Last

Make your life worth the journey and make your journey worthy of life.

6
Make It Last
www.stocksnap.com

The way moments turn into memories has always fascinated me. Half the time, you know when you're making a memory and the other half, you're clueless. But overtime they all accumulate into a scrapbook of sorts, with pages and moving pictures of various times in our lives. Some seem important and others less so, but they are all equal in how they impact you.

I would like to say the majority of my scrapbook is High School, but I'd be lying. Instead, my scrapbook comes alive with the sound of cleats on clay and my brothers' laughter. My dog's nose in my face and meeting my friends in Middle School. Summers in Sanibel and car rides to the beach. Old country playing in my granddad's truck and my dad's ridiculously loud sneezes. Truthfully, High School took up only a couple of pages, but those pages, while unexpected, are beautiful. Graduation isn't what made an impact, it was running across the football field barefoot because I lost my tassel. School dances didn't last either, but the drives to Steak and Shake afterwards did. Black dress, music, good company. Classes are a blur, but being told I was smart enough to take AP courses is clear as day. The moments that seem important or "should be" important, are not always. Instead, it's the days that go unnoticed, the minutes that appear to be nothing special, that stick for years.

I have noticed recently, as I have sat watching movie after movie recovering from wisdom teeth surgery, that no matter what, memories only become that when we make them. You have to get out there in the world to have moments that last. You have to say yes to people, to opportunities, to experiences. I've said this multiple times before in my writing (because it's true), but I'll say it again. I have always been a "no" person. Looking back though, it is the times I said yes that become a page in my scrapbook of the past. It was all the times I shrugged and said "just drive," that remained. Now when I think of my best friend I think of long drives down winding roads. Now when I think of the last four years, I think of swinging feet and homecoming halls, black converse and joking teachers, coffee stops and picnics. Now when I think of life, I see these pictures flashing and they all seem ordinary, but I know the importance they hold.

You have to let life happen in order to find moments that last. If you sit and do nothing, that's what you'll see. Make the most of what you have, take risks, say yes, and see what moments last long enough to become memories. Your scrapbook will be beautiful and the pages sparkling with life and love. Make your life worth the journey and make your journey worthy of life.