8 Major Ways College Is Different Than High School

And you thought it would be the same...

54

We all had preconceived notions of what our days at college would be like, but I don't think any of Here are 8 ways your life has changed since you left high school and became a college student:

1. Your professor curses... a lot.

In high school, your teachers couldn't say much of anything regarding politics, religion, or use colorful language. Now that your in college your professor can say those 4-letter words as frequently as he wants to.

2. Your classmates are anywhere from 18-60 years old.

In high school, you maybe had a class with a freshman when you were a senior. Now, you have classes with people old enough to be your parents.

3. Seeing a dog is probably the highlight of your day.

There were plenty of things going on in high school that you never really paid as much attention as you do now on dogs. In college, you always stop to pet a dog.

4. You're tired... all the time.

In high school, you got up at 6am and went to classes until 3pm. Now that you're in college, you can barely wake up for your 12pm lecture.

5. No Snow-Days.

High school: It snowed? No school!

College: It snowed? Classes are cancelled?! Check your email for your assignment.

6. You can skip class whenever you want to.

In high school, if you tried to skip your 4th period English class, a hall-monitor always found you. In college, no one comes looking for you. You can skip class whenever your heart desires.

7. There's always something to eat.

In high school, you could only eat in the cafeteria and weren't allowed to bring food back to class. In college, you can bring in a breakfast sandwich, tater-tots, a donut and a coffee and no one will care.

8. Studying.

Ok, so maybe I didn't spend a lot of time studying in high school. In college, most of your time is spent in a study-room or the library. (If you want to pass your classes.)