The ‘Good News’ Is Mac Miller’s New Song Is Incredible, The Bad News Is It’ll Make You Cry

"Why I gotta build something beautiful just to go set it on fire?"

577
YouTube

A single from Mac Miller's new posthumous album called "Good News" was dropped on Thursday, wait for it, WITH a music video.

While we all found out that January 17 is the release date for his new album, "Circles," we did not know that a single from the album would be dropped along with a music video a week prior.

The song was written by Mac Miller and Jon Brion, who finished the album after Mac's passing in September 2018.

The music video starts with some behind the scenes footage of Mac in his recording studio working on some music. Yes, it's very sad to watch.

To make things harder, in the next few clips photos from Mac's cover art from other albums fill the backdrop on the screen. Most of the video is pretty trippy and mainly animated but has so much meaning and art to it that fits very well with the music.

The final moments of the video are, again, Mac working on his album behind the scenes in his studio showing his excitement over the making of one of the songs.

While the music video is incredible because we do get some IRL Mac, but the music is unparalleled.

There's a whole lot more waiting for me on the other side
I'm always wondering if it feel like summer
I know maybe I'm too late, I could make it there some other time,
I'll finally discover
That there's a whole lot more for me waiting

The lyrics seem to focus on being in a state of depression and questioning the better things in life and realizing that it's a good thing to hold on and keep going.

The song is 100 percent hard to listen to without having emotions. Mac Miller is known for really bringing human emotion to life through his songs in a way that is way too relatable and we thank him for that.

"Good News" was the perfect single to release from this album to give us a taste of what we are in for with "Circles."

"Circles" drops on Friday, January 17.