11 Empowering Lyrics From The Chicks' New Gaslighter Album

11 Lyrics From The Chicks' New 'Gaslighter' Album That'll Empower You Post-Breakup

Head up, girl!

1201

To be honest, I didn't know a whole lot about The Chicks since they dropped the "Dixie" part of their name, but I saw their new album, "Gaslighter" trending literally everywhere online and had to check it out! I'm glad I did because there are definitely some lyrics from the songs on the new album (listen here) that will soon be your go-to lines to empower anyone post-breakup.

1. "You made your bed and then your bed caught fire." - "Gaslighter"

Perfect for the guy who made his choice.

This hits so hard! He made his choices, and now he has to live with them.

2. "How do you tell those lies? Lookin' me in the eye. Livin' a double life." - "Sleep At Night"

Perfect for the guy who just didn't care.

If he can't own up to it, he didn't care. You do you, girl. Head up and move on.

3. "Save your tired stories for your new someone else." - "Gaslighter"

Perfect for the guy who always wanted to play the victim.

Girl, you don't need his sorry excuses because they're just that: excuses.

4. "Can't go back in time to change in someone's eyes. No, I was not something to play with." - "Everybody Loves You"

Perfect for the guy who didn't take things seriously.

Ladies, remember that you are worth it, and if a guy makes you fight for his attention or makes you feel inferior/plays with your emotions, it's so not worth the hurt.

5. "Wish I could go back and tell my younger self. 'You're a fighter, you just don't know it yet.'" - "For Her"

Perfect for the guy who totally broke you.

There's going to be that guy who completely breaks you, and it's going to hurt. Don't forget, though, that you will love again. Trust me, "it'll happen when you least expect it" isn't just a cliché ideal.

6. "Oh, I'm an army of one. March, march to my own drum." - "March March"

Perfect for the guy who tried to change you.

You are you, and that's the best thing you can possibly be!

7. "I see a wildfire comin'. Burnin' the world that I've known. Watch me, watch me outrun it. Take what I need and go." - "My Best Friend's Wedding"

Perfect for the guy who seemed nice but was actually toxic.

Toxic is toxic, period. There is not justification for it.

8. "Just because you've been a bad guy. I've seen it with my own eyes. There's a good guy in there. Decency. Would be for you to sign and release me." - "Set Me Free"

Perfect for the guy who continues to play games post-breakup.

There's usually an ex along the way who continues to act like nothing is wrong post-breakup, and these lyrics are for that moment where you finally realize that he's just not being a good guy.

9. "Gave up on the moon and back. Thought you'd found a better half. Ah, I hope it's something good." - "Hope It's Something Good"

Perfect for the guy who left you for someone "better."

There's always the unlucky breakup where he leaves you because he "found someone better." This is the ultimate line to show him how great you were and show that mature side.

10. "You know he's about to leave, but don't panic. Don't give him the satisfaction that you can't handle it." - "Julianna Calm Down"

Perfect for the guy who is going to prompt the breakup.

You're strong. You existed before him and will exist after him.

11. "Just put on, put on, put on your best shoes." - "Julianna Calm Down"

Perfect for the guy who really doesn't understand what he lost.

Girl, go out, have fun and be you!

Follow Swoon on Instagram.