Have You Heard Luke Combs' Debut Album?

Have You Heard Luke Combs' Debut Album?

"These might not be the right lines to prove. For saying what I'm trying to. But this one's for you."

34
Have You Heard Luke Combs' Debut Album?
The Country Scene

Although Luke Combs has had two EPs before releasing his third, This One's For You, in November 2015, his debut album of the same name released this year. In 2014, he released his EPs The Way She Rides and Can I Get an Outlaw. His first single, Hurricane, ahead of the EP's release in November 2015, and almost a year later the official music video was released on Youtube.

In June 2017, he released his first album with top singles, Hurricane, When it Rains it Pours, and This One's For You among many catchy and emotional tunes.

I am surprised that this is his FIRST album because I think he hit the nail on the head with these songs! Let me tell you how five of his songs affect me in different ways, whether it be emotions running high or singing at the top of my lungs while I dance. With 12 possible choices, how is it so easy to pick only five to love? It is not because his music is so catchy, fun, and honest!

1. One Number Away

Oh, that ache of missing someone that makes you see their face in everyone you pass on the sidewalk. This song plays out an emotional story about two people that broke up. Luke shows that even if you are the one that walks away, it can hurt just as back as getting left. Saying, "I was wrong, you are what I want. I am one number away, so will you answer?"

If you're anything like me. You just might be doing whatever it takes to drown out the noise. But I just wanna hear your voice.

2. Hurricane

Have you ever had someone stuck in your head then they walk through the door? This is what this song is about and it is epic. A love that can't be dissolved and hits like a hurricane. I think this is a love song that isn't typical, but gets what it is like to deeply love someone.

Check out the official music video on Youtube.

The moon went hiding. Stars quit shining. Rain was dropping. Thunder 'n' lighting. You wrecked my whole world when you came and hit me like a hurricane.

3. This One's For You

I love the lyrics in this song, it is like a letter to the ones that stood by him all a long. Remember to thank everyone, even if it is through a catchy melody.

I told you all that I'd write you a song. Pour my heart into the melody, to keep you singing along. This might not be the right time, these might not be the right lines to prove. For saying what I'm trying to, but this one's for you.

4. Honky Tonk Highway

I love this song because it mentions things through Alabama. Plus it has a catchy tune that makes you want to dance.

We're gonna kick it off in Birmingham. Headlights, wide lines. Flying down 65. Tryna catch a few hours sleep. Tomorrow comes, show time. That's when I know I'm living that neon dream.

5. Don't Tempt Me

A party song is what I consider this one. Don't ever underestimate anyone's ability to have fun, they just might surprise you!

At 3AM I'm still hanging tough. My buddy's passed out in the bed of my truck. And I can't wait 'til he wakes up and sees the pictures on his phone.

This One's For You is available on Spotify, go check it out! You won't regret it!