Lucky I'm In Love With My Best Friend

Lucky I'm In Love With My Best Friend

Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite.

232
Lucky I'm In Love With My Best Friend
Zoey Zogby

Every relationship is full of something different that makes it absolutely amazing. But, some aspects make things a little more special than everything else. When you fall in love with your best friend, there are a few wonderful things that happen that never fail to make every single moment-every single memory-absolutely special. It's nothing huge, but it's the little things that always make everything all the better.

1. Every Moment is a Memory

Whether it's taking corny pictures together on a college campus or strolling around a mall window shopping hand in hand, falling in love with your best friends means that every single thing that you do together is a memory that's going to last a lifetime. They're the moments that make everything even better, because you're spending them with the love of your life, and your best friend.

2. They Want to Experience Everything You Love

If you love Broadway and the city that never sleeps, they'll wonder around New York City enjoying the way your eyes form little hearts every single time you pass another tourist trap. They'll sit there taking selfies with their programs in the air and take dramatic pictures of you with your hands in the air underneath the theater's marquee. And you'll sit there and learn everything that they like to do, whether it's sitting through long lectures about sports or learning to play an instrument they play or trying your hardest to beat them at video games.

3. You Can Tease Them Relentlessly

It's so much easier to be comfortable around a person that you're dating when you have a friendship with them. Especially when that friendship predates the relationship. It makes it impossible to keep embarrassing stories from them, because they know everything humiliating that you've ever done or experienced. But, you know all of those things about them, and you both mock one another about all of those things every chance that you get.

4. The Fights Are Cheesy and Dramatic

They've over stupid little things and they don't mean much of anything, but they're always some stupidly drawn out thing that usually involves you hitting him playfully on the arm and him pretending that it hurts because he knows that you'll just get more ignored if he acts like you never touched him.

5. They'll Take a Million Stupid Selfies With You

They already know that you like to take daily selfies using every single snapchat filter known to man, so they're fine with volunteering to stand besides you whenever you need a second person for the filter. And they're fine with having you take fifty of the same picture so that you can pick which one is best, even though they don't see a difference between shots.

6. They Brag About Every Little Thing You Do

They think that you're perfect, even when you're sitting on the couch in baggy sweatpants with your hair up and no makeup on, reading a book with a cup of coffee in front of you. Whether it's an A on a paper or getting a new part time job or an internship, they're the first person to brag about how amazing their girlfriend is, because they don't care if other people think they're bragging. They've known how amazing you were for a while, so they're fine with letting everybody else in on the secret.

7. They're Never Afraid to Be Goofy With You

You're best friends and that means that you're going to be just as free spirited with them as you would be during girl's night. In fact, you're even more comfortable around them because there's no reason to get all dolled up and go out. Instead, you can sit in pajamas and watch Netflix, yelling at the TV. Or you can dance around the kitchen while you're cooking at the strangest time of day. No matter what, you know that you can be totally ridiculous.