To My S/O When Loving You Is Hard

Relationships aren't always filled with rainbows and daisies. It's not always nights spent cuddling or holding hands. Sometimes it's moments spent with anger, nights spent not communicating. It's times that when loving someone when its hard is when they need it the most. I think the notion of relationships is too romanticized and too many forget that it takes hard work. Here is an open letter to my S/O when loving them is hard.

Dear love,

Loving you is one of the most effortless things to do sometimes and I'm learning new ways that you seem to amaze me every day, but I have not forgotten about how hard relationships are. Being your person has taught me that love is unconditional; that unconditional love is when you frustrate the crap out of me by not helping me keep the house clean, that unconditional love is loving you, even when you unintentionally hurt my feelings.

When loving you is hard, give me time.

Give me the space to process what's going on, but understand that I want to fix things. I want very much to kiss and make-up but the problem does not go away… When loving you is hard, I go to the silly memories we've made together. Remember that time when we had that accident on the canal? Still cracks me up! But, in all seriousness, I don't take our relationship with a grain of salt and I don't only love you when the times are good. I want to make it clear that you are aren't a choice, my love for you is a fact. I also want you to understand that sometimes I need my "me" time. I think too many people lose themselves when they are in a relationship, their personality, their hobbies; what makes them unique. In our relationship, I hope to grow but I hope to remain the type of woman you are in love with. I know that at times, I'm hard to love and that you hope to grow patient with me. I will respect your "me" time and love you unconditionally.

When the times are tough, I will always stand in your corner and love you, even if that means loving you from afar.

I know I'm not easy to love. I'm a chronic over-thinker. I overreact more than I should, and every once in a while, I might be a little insecure; please know that your patience with means more to me than anything. I can't wait to see what other ways I can unconditionally love you, but for now; please know that I'll still be here when loving you is hard.

Hugs and Kisses,

JRL

When life becomes too unforgiving and loving your person is hard; don't just walk away. Don't leave that person hanging, let them know that you love them unconditionally but that you need your time. Loving someone when they are hard to love has been one of the most challenging but rewarding things I've learned to do in my relationship. Know that every relationship is different but it never negates that everyone is hard to love sometimes.