8 Easy Ways You Can Help Save The Earth
Politics

8 Easy Ways You Can Help Save The Earth

Recycle, recycle, recycle.

15
8 Easy Ways You Can Help Save The Earth

The environment is constantly changing due to how we take care of it. Under the new administration, global warming is no longer staying a relevant issue, but it is ALWAYS relevant. So we must do our part to help love mother earth, even in the most subtle of ways.

Have you ever looked at your ecological footprint? (Try it here: http://www.footprintnetwork.org/resources/footprin...) This tests how many earths it would take to support your lifestyle. The average American eco-footprint is 3-6 earths. However, following some simple steps can help reduce your footprint. For example, my footprint is a 2.1. I drive an eco-friendly car (Honda Fit), recycle and I'm vegan and don't eat meat or dairy.

If you're not in the market for a new car or new diet plan, here are some tips and tricks you can do to help the environment. It only takes one person to make a change!

1. Recycle

This seems like something that is so obvious, but not many people do it. Google what you can and can't recycle, and do it! It makes more of a difference than you know.

2. Use less paper products

Carry a re-useable bag to the grocery store, use your dishes instead of paper plates and plasticware. Recycle, recycle, recycle.

3. Eat less meat and dairy.

Even if you just take one day a week off, this has such a huge impact.

4. Walk more

If you're in a situation where you can walk instead of drive, do it!

5. Carpool

Carpool to work, class, wherever. Take public transit if possible.

6. Buy Local Food

And don't waste it.

7. Conserve Water/Electricity

Use less, and pay attention to what you have running.

8. Get Active

There is a march for science is on Earth Day this year, let your town know you care about the environment!

Get more info here:

http://www.climatecentral.org/news/march-for-scien...