A Thank You Letter To My Mom

A Thank You Letter To My Mom

I love you more.
5376

Dear Mom,

I really don’t think you understand how much you mean to me. I’m growing up and getting older, and as more time passes I realize that without you I would not have made it to the place I am today. This letter is a thank you note to you because I think you should understand how much I love you.

Thank you for the very beginning. The times where feeding me every two hours kept you up all night and changing my diaper was something you never really looked forward to doing. If that isn’t love, then I don’t know what is.

Thank you for teaching me to write my name and read “Green Eggs and Ham.” You were my first and favorite teacher. You were constantly making reading and learning something that was always an adventure.

Thank you for every soccer practice and Girl Scout meeting that you ever drove me to, and for all of those times you chaperoned my class field trips. I had more fun with you just being there to experience it all with me.

This next thank you is a big one, so thank you for the middle school years. The “fun nights” where you would help me straighten my hair and apply mascara even though I didn’t appreciate it. The times when I would fight with you about going to the mall by myself thinking I was old enough, even though I wasn’t. Thank you for accepting my friends even though you knew they weren’t the right friends for me, and making sure they always felt welcome in our home.

Thank you for helping me shop for a formal dress each year and never minding to spend a little extra on the one I loved. And for the prom dress that made me feel like a princess for the day even though we both agreed that prom was overrated. Because of this though, I cannot wait to pick out my wedding dress with you someday. It is these times I have spent with you that made me realize how much you care.

Thank you for all of the holidays you have made special and the birthdays that were unforgettable. You are barely in any of the pictures because you always were the one behind the camera. Just know that I appreciate that too. Without you, some of our favorite memories would have never been captured.

Lastly, thank you for not crying when you sent me off to school. If you had, I probably would have lost it too. There isn’t a day when I don’t miss you, but it makes coming home that much better. (Not to mention finally getting to eat your home cooking.)

Mom, thank you for “loving me more.” For the hugs and kisses when I needed them most. For the punishments when I needed to understand. For letting me blame things on you so I didn’t have to take the brunt of it all. Thank you mom.

I hope that you know my biggest wish in life is to be half of the mother you are. There is never a day where I feel unloved or forgotten. You have been by my side cheering me on when I succeeded, and picking me up when I have failed miserably. I am lucky not only to have you as a mom, but also as my best friend.

I love you more.

Sincerely,

Your Daughter xoxo