Yes, I Love Wearing Nike Shorts And A T-Shirt, But I Also Like Looking NICE

She wears short skirts I wear t-shirts. But I still feel like the best me.

64

When I went through a serious bout of depression last April, I stopped caring what I looked like. I didn't wear makeup every day. I didn't try on four different outfits every morning. I threw on whatever was comfiest and went on my merry way.

Although I'm better now, I've looked back and realized what that time taught me about what I was wearing every day. I began to appreciate my natural features. I felt comfortable in athletic shorts and a t-shirt, or leggings and an oversized sweatshirt.

No more dresses, no more makeup, no more time spent on looking "nice."

But here's the thing. Just because I don't put as much effort into dressing myself up every day, doesn't mean I still don't enjoy it every once in a while.

Like I said, I've learned to appreciate my natural features. I can take pictures now with no makeup on. I can wear a messy bun and still feel beautiful. But I can also spend half an hour dolling up my face, picking out the perfect dress, and feeling like I can kick it up a notch.

The difference now? I think both versions of me are beautiful. It isn't all about the designer clothing or the expensive makeup. It's about what makes you feel like your best self.

So today, it's Nike shorts and a Comfort Colors tank. But tomorrow? It might be a sundress, a full face of makeup, and those new sandals I picked up last week.

I'll feel beautiful nonetheless.