To My Second Love

To My Second Love

"One's first love is always perfect until one meets one's second love." -Elizabeth Aston

30
To My Second Love
Tumblr

Everyone is always stuck on how their first love is the greatest and how they will not ever forget them. They are stuck on how the first cut is the deepest. No one ever stops to think about their second love. The very person who made them believe in love again. The person who took that broken heart and put the pieces back together like they were never broken. No one ever stops to thank their second love for picking them up off the ground and for giving them something to believe in again. So I am here to do just that.

Thank you. Even though you were the biggest pain in my ass, I have never loved anything like I love you. Thank you for seeing all of my broken pieces and putting them back together even if you got hurt along the way. Thank you for loving every single one of my flaws even if I did not deserve it. Thank you for giving me something to believe in again. Thank you for laying there next to me and watching the world's most girly movies. Thank you for sitting in the passenger seat even though I was never the best driver. Thank you for being with me even if it was the hardest thing in the world. Thank you for wiping away the tears even if I am the ugliest crier. Thank you for buying me jibbitz even if you hated that I wore crocs. Thank you for believing in me even when I did not believe in myself. Thank you for holding my hand even in 90 degree weather. Thank you for seeing the good side of every ugly situation we were in. Thank you for showing up at every important event even when you had better things to be doing. Thank you for taking pictures with me every single time you saw me even if you hated it. Thank you for teaching me how to love someone unconditionally. Thank you for some of the best times of my 18 years. Thank you for showing me what real love was. Thank you for sticking around as long as you did.

They say that love fades eventually, but my love for you has not faded after these almost eight months apart. Throughout all the doubt and the hurt, our love will be the love I tell my daughter to strive for. The way you treated me will be the way I tell my son to treat any woman he ever comes in contact with. Thank you to all those second loves out there, you have saved someone.