I Love You. Please, Don't Forget That.

I Love You. Please, Don't Forget That.

I love you guys. I always will.

598
I Love You. Please, Don't Forget That.
Public Domain Pictures

There absolutely comes a time when changes need to happen, I recently encountered one. When my brother, sister-in-law, nephew, and niece moved out into their new house. I love this little family. They are so sweet and kind and everything I hope I can have when I have a family, but I know everyone can relate to the fact of how hard it is to have to change your normal routine at home to accommodate living with small children for an extended period of time.

At school, I am not often allowed to watch what I want and as I wasn't going to be taking too many online classes I figured I would have time to watch some Doctor Who with my brother while I was on break and hopefully get caught up enough to know what people are talking about. However, it turned out that I wouldn't get to watch as much as I had planned with him because we had a sweet little 2-year-old living with us. Trust me, I loved having him there--most of the time. But I also missed a lot of things that I am used to at my house on my breaks from school.

I am used to not worrying about what I watch all the time, I am used to not having to shield how I normally talk, I am used to getting to do my homework downstairs without worrying about whether or not I'll be able to get it done, I am used to not having to lock my bedroom door so a 2-year-old won't go in, and I am used to my mother's house rules. When your young family moved into our house, our rules were overturned and replaced with yours. We could only watch stuff on days when you said we could, we could only do things if you thought it was okay, etc. It has been an extremely difficult few months and here I am, about to return to school.

I don't regret you guys living with us, I loved it. I am sad I missed out on things I normally would and that is to be expected. I know that when you had extended visitors you weren't fond of them being there as long as they were--why should it be any different for us? I am sorry you heard us talking about how we felt about you guys moving out, I am sorry you took it in a mean way, but understand that two families under the same roof is a very hard thing to make work and we made it work for months. I love you guys. I always will, but I am so happy that your house is finished so you can have your own house again and we can go back to our normal rules--even if it is just 10 days before I go back to school.

I love you. Please, don't forget that.