10 Easy Ways To Show Our Planet Love At UNC

At UNC there are a lot of opportunities to help the earth, and you should be taking advantage of them! Here are a few easy ways to get started!

1. Recycle

If this dog can do it, so can you!

This is an obvious one, and not specific to UNC at all, but just do it. It's easy. The hardest part is learning what can and cannot be recycled but there are plenty of opportunities to be educated on that on campus.

2. Don't waste food

Food is good, just eat it, don't throw it away.

Always remember that you can go back for more food or you can take it home for later. Don't just throw it away!

3. Use reusable water bottles

You can be this refreshed too, without destroying the earth, with your own reusable water bottle!

You can buy reusable water bottles for really cheap, and they last a long time. Additionally, reusable water bottles will save you money in the long run because you won't be wasting money on plastic water bottles.

4. Compost

Don't these flies make you want to compost?

We are lucky to live on a campus that uses compostable packaging. Take advantage of this opportunity to help the earth and make sure to compost whenever you can! There is a composting receptacle in Lenoir dining hall, and all of the dorms will give you a composting bin if you ask for one.

5. Partake in meatless Mondays

If he can do it, so can you!

Reducing your meat intake can help reduce emissions. There are also many easy meals that you can make without meat or with meat substitutions. UNC's dining hall also offers many great vegetarian and vegan choices.

6. Use a reusable grocery bag

Don't be like the Simpsons, bring a reusable grocery bag.

There is a lot of plastic waste on this planet and we should be doing whatever we can to reduce that waste. A simple way to do that is by using reusable grocery bags.

7. Partake in UNC's plastic film recycling initiative

Do not contribute to this issue!

UNC recently started an initiative where students can recycle their plastic film by bringing it to the front desks at their dorms. This is another easy way to cut down on plastics.

8. Don't litter

Again, don't be like the Simpsons.

This is pretty obvious, but just don't litter. Even when it seems easy to maybe just throw something on the ground, find a trashcan.

9. Take shorter showers

Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!

I know it can be relaxing to take long showers, but you can easily take a quick shower and still bathe all necessary parts of yourself without dillydallying.

10. Use hand dryers instead of paper towels in the bathroom

Just do it.

Hand dryers may take longer than paper towels, but they help so much in reducing paper waste. Give em' a try.

Help the earth, go green, and make a difference!