A Love Letter To My Best Friends

A Love Letter To My Best Friends

Because you've been there for me through it all.

47
Gabrielle Sisino

They say if you're friends with someone for more than seven years, the friendship will last a lifetime. I know that's true because, at this point, you've seen me through too many awkward stages to ever leave. You have been there for me through the good, bad, and just flat out fugly- and for some reason, you never left my side. Physically we've all gone different directions, but no distance, not matter how big or small, will ever actually separate us. When we come back together, it's like no time has passed and we pick up right where we left off. And that's what I love the most about you guys.

I trust you with everything and any judgment passed is only with my best interest in mind. Any disagreements we have can be easily solved with sushi, coffee, or fro-yo, but usually a combination of the three. At the end of the day, we end up very full and laughing so hard we forgot anything was ever wrong. Not that we've ever had a real argument, I'm not sure we take each other seriously enough to have one. I honestly can't think of a time we were actually mad at each other, I think we're just really hangry people.

Our friendship, like any good one, is all about balance. Our personalities never clash even though they're different. We balance each other out, each contributing a different kind of crazy to the friendship. We just get each other, knowing exactly what the other means when we're struggling for words. I know that when I'm having one of those days where every little thing makes me want to slam my head into the wall, I just have to text you to know you're feeling the exact same way. It's a beautiful, terrifying friendship and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I'm so unbelievably lucky to have people in my life who understand the importance of Long Island pizza and brunch and accept me as the kind of person who spends $11 on froyo and cries about it for a little but never regrets it. You will never know how much I truly appreciate you and the fact that you laugh at all the stupid things I say. I don't know what I did to deserve the best friends in the entire world but I'm pretty damn grateful that I have you, and even more grateful that we made it this long without killing each other.

Thank you for loving me unconditionally, even when I'm moody, and for being equally caffeine dependant and hangry as I am. I can't imagine my life without you and I never want to. We'll be by each other sides through every up and down, making the best out of every mediocre situation, and laughing until we cry. Boys come and go, but you guys are forever.