A Love Letter To The One Who Wakes Me Up Every Morning
relationships

Even though you pull me away from the one who holds me every night

154
https://pixabay.com/en/couple-kiss-together-kissing-1031639/

Coffee.

I love you.

Truly, with my entire heart and soul, I love you. Hot or cold, just as you are- no flavors, creamer, sugars, or foam.

Some call it an addiction; I call it a love that nothing can ever tear apart.

I must apologize for not remembering our first encounter, but I will remember you for the rest of my life.

You wake me up every morning and I owe you my eternal gratitude. There is no possible way I could make it through hours and hours of classes without you by my side- let alone late night study sessions. I think of you from the second my eyes open until I have you in my hands. God bless Bartley Hall and its smooth, cold brew of your rich, brown beans. While others fill you up and lighten your taste, or perhaps don't find you as aesthetically pleasing, I love your roast just as you are.

A day without you is a dark, dark day. I can hardly function, I look a mess, all I want to do is sleep. You give me energy and you give me the strength to make it through the day without punching someone in the face.

However,

While I love you for waking me up every morning, you also pull me away from the one who holds me every night...

My bed.