Losing My Pet Was Like Losing My Best Friend

To the girl who lost her best friend, from somebody in your shoes.

2443

This isn't about your diamonds or your human best friend, this is about your dog.

The one who sat next to you while you were in tears that one night. He or she was the one who cuddled with you when you were alone at night, ate your nasty leftovers, made you feel welcomed in an unwanted home, and gave you all the love in their heart that they possibly could.

From the moment you got them, they gave you nothing but love.

Like Mary J. Blige once said, what you and your dog have is "REAL LOVE."

When you lost them, it felt as if the whole world came to a crumble. It hurts a lot and makes you cry for such a long time. They will bring so much joy while they are here, yet when they're gone it'll bring such pain. They may be gone due to death or even having to give them a better home. We must remember that all dogs go to heaven and we can't always do something to stop it. It's best for us to say our proper goodbye, and move on and wish them well.

We must do our best to move on at least. I am here to say it is okay to talk about it with someone. It may not seem a lot to others but trust there are many people who may understand exactly what you are going through. It is okay to set up a memorial for them. It is okay to be upset for a couple of days. Go out, find a hobby, write about it, draw, or anything that can help you cope properly. What is not okay, is dwelling on what happened, or what you could've possibly done or changed.

This is because everything happens for a reason. There was a good reason why this is happening or has already occurred. No, you do not need to buy another dog or pet or adopt. You need to face what happened and move on properly before you decide you want another pet. I wouldn't want to pass away and someone immediately replace me with someone new.

So, as for your pets, you shouldn't replace them as soon as they're gone.

For those who have never lost a pet, this may seem like a very insignificant, but once you had a pet whose grown with you, been there when no one was, or showed you love and care in different ways, it'll tear your heart at their loss.

As a recent member of my family who lost our Great Dane, Titus, it has taken some of the light out of the household. Although we had a memorial and it has been two weeks, there hasn't been a day since that I haven't thought of him. I would like to tell him one last time I love him, and hug him. I want him to greet me one last time at the door, jump on me and my boyfriend in the morning, and be his crazy, hyper self once again.

I wrote this one for those going through the same type of heartbreak. Thank you, Titus, for the greatest memories I have from my home.