Looking Back on Fall Semester

Looking Back on Fall Semester

2
Looking Back on Fall Semester

Now that we are coming to a close on this semester, I can’t help but think I do not want to leave. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I want to go home and see my wonderful family and friends, but I don’t want to leave my college family. I have made so many good memories here and I do not want be without my friends who I have seen every day for the past 5 months. I know it’s only a month, but still that’s about 30 days without my people.

If you have not guessed, I do not like change much.

I would never have guessed that I would meet my best friend the first week I arrived at LSU. It’s crazy to think that the quiet blonde girl from Baton Rouge would end up being my rock and other half. I cannot imagine tailgates, fraternity parties or even surviving the food at 459 without her. I am grateful for her always taking care of me or giving me the tough love when I needed it. But, I mean, she is also a nug so that probably why she is so amazing.  

This semester I have learned how to deal with problems on my own, and how to slowly be less dependent on my parents. Being on my own, I have learned to make sure I go to class, get my work done, and to balance my sorority, school, being president of my residential hall and my social life. Not having a roommate has taught me to take care of myself. 

I believe that life is all about bettering yourself, and I cannot wait to see what I will accomplish next semester. Some goals that I have include: 

Keeping my room clean

If you know me well enough, you know that I cannot keep my room clean for the life of me. But I am going to try and keep my room clean, so maybe I won’t trip and fall in the middle of the night. Cue my parents laughing so hard as they are reading this.

Branching out 

I have met a lot of people already this semester, but I want to branch out of my circle and meet new people. I love walking to class and seeding people I know on the way and saying hey or having a quick conversation. It just brightens my day! 

Bettering myself 

College is all about bettering yourself, and I think it will be a process that happens over all four years. I hope that next semester that I can find myself a little more and become a better person. I am excited to see where this journey will take me.  

Don’t get me wrong, I love having a month long break from school and my dorm room. I just wish my lovely friends could come back to Houston with me.