15 Problems That DO Cause Girls With Long Hair To Care

Curly or straight, we all experience these struggles.

492
Flickr

Curly or straight, having long hair can be both a blessing and a curse. It looks great, but the maintenance behind it is unknown to anyone who has never experienced it. Here are some struggles you have when you have long hair. I have experienced all of these on a personal level.

1. When someone tells you that your hair is really long like you don't already know.

"Really? The thought never occurred to me that my hair is so long, thank you for pointing it out."

2. People playing in your hair without asking.

No. It is not okay for you to play in my hair. Long hair is not an invitation for your hands, grow your own.

3. Everyone tells you not to cut your hair... EVER.

You know at least 10 people that would probably hate you if you cut it short. They are vicariously living through your hair. They are also extremely sad if you ever entertain the idea of cutting hair *insert chorus of "No, you can't!"*

4. Brushing your hair isn't soothing, it is a chore.

Wet or dry, tangled or not, brushing your hair takes like 10 years. It is a lot like brushing a horse's tail, start at the bottom and work your way up.

5. Breaking hair ties is a day-to-day thing for you.

Tying your hair back and you hear the distinct *snap* of your last good hair tie. The struggle is real!

6. Your hairbrush looks like a small fuzzy creature.

You clean your brush out all of the time but yet it still looks like a small gremlin on your shelf.

7. Buns and ponytails give you insane headaches.

Unless your bun or ponytail is on the VERY top of your head, expect a headache. One that is a constant dull pain that makes you cranky throughout the whole day.

8. You get your hair caught, on everything... everywhere.

Shut your car door, hair gets caught. Roll up your window, hair gets caught. Zip your jacket, hair gets caught. Put on your backpack, hair gets caught. Do you see the trend here? It is a vicious cycle.

9. The wind hates you.

Forget ever wearing your hair on a windy day, or even a not windy day, your hair still takes on a mind of its own.

10. You are a braiding master, or you know a braiding master.

The only solution to having your hair contained and not giving you a headache. Either you have mastered the art of braiding your hair back or you know someone who is always willing to braid your hair. OR you are both for your friends, who just assume you can braid well because you have long hair.

11. Getting your hair done, takes forever.

Whether it is a perm, coloring or an updo for prom, it takes forever to do. So be prepared to sit in the salon chair for a long time with your cell phone fully charged or a magazine.

12. You have to stand to get your hair trimmed.

I have experienced this many times, where I stand in front of my beautician as she sits in the chair to trim my hair. It is a laughing matter for all of us.

13. You shed hair constantly and people know it's yours.

You better have the habit of cleaning your hair out of the shower drains, because if someone finds it, they will definitely know it is yours because it is freaking long.

14. You lose so much hair, you wonder how you aren't bald.

The shower, your brush, running your fingers through it, constantly you have little hairs coming out.

15. You have too much hair!!

If you have thick hair like me you understand the struggle of your beautician having a large ponytail of hair leftover after completing your prom hairstyle. Ya have just too much damn hair!!! And it never looks as amazing as Beyonce's when you flip it.