I’ve only been away from my boyfriend (and best friend!) for a month, but it’s given me a bitter taste of what it’s like to be in a long distance relationship. Don’t get me wrong, I am a very independent young woman with lots to keep me busy like working hard, keeping up with Netflix and hanging out with my dog or my friends but, something about this boy’s presence is special. I miss the energy he brings to my days with big smiles and laughs and little moments that can only be shared in person. One of my coping strategies has been talking with my friends about their experiences with being away from their cutie and that’s when I realized I was having the symptoms of the long distance relationship feels.
Symptoms are as follows:
1. Seeing Couples in public makes your heart ache
2. You feel the need to watch love movies to remember what romance is like.
3. You may realize that it’s been a month (or more) since you’ve shaved your legs.
4. You try to fit him into every conversation with anyone ever by accident (and sometimes on purpose).
5. You immediately react to anything important by texting/calling him or wanting to tell him.
6. You imagine and continue to obsess and recreate a specific vision of what it will be like to see him for the first time.
7. You hope he isn’t texting and driving.
8. You wonder and pray he remembers what you look like outside of FaceTime.
9. When you hear songs on the radio that even vaguely remind you of him you feel that it is meant for you.
10. You find comfort in the perfect satisfaction of the moment when miles and months become millimeters and minutes.
Such feels may be common in those who are:
1. Exposed to prolonged periods of time without their ‘hunny bunny.’
2. Leading busy lives without the ability to constantly communicate with their ‘bae.'
3. Have a positive relationship in which spending time with their ‘significant other’ is valued and cherished.
Those affected by these feels have found that the only real cure is to be reunited with a hug from their ‘person,’ and side effects from this type of treatment may include:
1. Dizziness upon standing.
2. Shortness of breath.
3. Increased heart rate.
4. Extreme Happiness.