Love Can Conquer Long- Distance Relationships

Love Can Conquer Long-Distance Relationships

Long- distance relationships can create fear and anxiety making you wonder if it is worth it… Should I stay or should I go?

5
https://www.everypixel.com/search?q=love%2Btext%2Bmessage&stocks_type=free&image_id=1087800639239393080

There are definitely pros and cons that go along with long-distance relationships. Long-distance tests communication, physical connection, trust, and the depth of the relationship as a whole. On the other hand, the distance between you and your partner has the potential to form a stronger connection, demonstrate effort and commitment, enhance communication, and allow yourself to grow in the process. However, there are cons to being apart. Such as, trust issues, misunderstandings, emotional connection, and becoming reliant on your phone.

Personally, I have been through the long-distance just about every summer. My biggest fear was lack of communication or losing feelings, which most people can relate with. But as time went on the saying "distance can make the heart grow fonder", was evident in my experience. Not saying, that I liked the distance because I didn't, but it helped me grow and focus on other matters in a relationship like trust and communication.

Space allowed me to form something stronger than just a physical attraction. The separation between us helped us to focus on emotional communication and each of us independently, to explore our own fears and limitations. But before you freak out about how far or how long it will be, you need to understand what love is in order to conquer the distance. Have you ever truly thought about what love is? Could you identify it if you saw it?

Love is not a feeling which goes up and down like a rollercoaster. Love is about sacrifice to another imperfect human being. Love is action, making decisions in the best interest of the other rather than self. In order to have a successful relationship, you need to be willing to sacrifice and make an effort, especially when times get hard. If love were a feeling, then we would all be screwed because feelings come and go, and they aren't stable. If that love is there, then long-distance will only test you, not tear you apart.

You might be wondering how intimacy or sexual attraction is possible while being long- distance. My advice to you here is, add in flavor. Just because you aren't together doesn't mean your facetime or phone calls have to be dull or boring. The absence of physical intimacy can be considered as a positive trial; it helps to redefine and allow you to focus on why you are in that relationship. Certain aspects are love, trust, respect, truth, and grace. These are the ingredients for a vibrant relationship. Love cannot be defeated.

There are certain things that can help you during the time apart. Below are a couple of things you should consider, according to my experience with it.

• 1. Set boundaries beforehand
  • 2. Be clear with communication and what you want
  • 3. Plan a time to see them, so you have something to look forward to
  • 4. Be honest and trust one another
  • 5. Be emotionally secure and sure about your decision

In the end, it all depends on how you approach the idea of distance and how you handle it. You can assess it as a hurdle or a chance to grow stronger together while being apart. Which one will you choose? If you decided to jump over the hurdle and take on the challenge, your relationship will have the chance to build a different, stronger bond. If you're willing to take the risk, give it all you have and survive the hurdle and win the race. Because it will be worth it if you truly love them. Love conquers all.