To My Now Long-Distance Boyfriend

To My Now Long-Distance Boyfriend

I promise these things to you....

1013
To My Now Long-Distance Boyfriend
WikiHow

To my now long distance boyfriend,

There are so many things that I want to say to you, but there is not enough time to get through it all. We know our story better than anyone else, and I can’t imagine this crazy ride with anyone but you. In the midst of our crazy year of college, we managed to fall for each other in a way that is hard to put to words. You truly are my person. We had a great year at school, and now it is time for summer break: for us to pack our bags and head our opposite ways across the state. 156 miles apart to be exact…. but who’s counting? You are now across the state from me instead of just across the hall. Distance is the toughest thing a relationship can go through, but everything happens for a reason. The 156 miles between us is so we can grow stronger. And in order for that to happen, we need to promise each other some things. So here is my list, my promises, for you.

I promise that I will talk to you endlessly.

Communication is the only way we will know what is happening with each other. I can no longer figure out in the silence that something is bothering you, based on your body language. We need to have an open communication, and we will be happier for that.

I promise that I will visit you.

I have only been apart from you for a few days and I already can’t wait to see your face again. I miss being able to see you whenever and as often as I want. But our visits will make this easier. August will be here before we know it.

I promise to call you when you're sad or stressed.

I know that I can only help so much through texting and emojis. Even though I might not be able to sit down with you, I will do my best to listen and be there for you.

I promise to not overthink things.

I know that the distance is only temporary and we can do this. There’s no need to get bogged down in the details of the miles between us.

I promise we'll create a sense of normalcy.

Whether it's a weekly Tuesday night Facetime date, a daily phone call on the way home from work, or a series on Netflix that we watch at the same time. Whatever our routine may be, it'll be ours and unique to our relationship.

I promise to vent to you when the distance gets to me.

I won't bottle it up until it all comes out in a fight. I'll talk through what’s bothering me and we'll work together to find a solution.

I promise to remind you I love you every chance I get.

The distance removes our ability to show love through actions like holding hands while driving or surprise kisses. I'll remind you that I love you every day so you'll always feel assured.

Lastly, I promise that we will make it through this.

No matter how hard this change may be, we can do this. I know we can. I love you.

Love always,

Your girlfriend