Long Distance Friendships As Told By The Sandlot Kids

Because they know friendship.
63

Long distance anything is tough, but long distance friendships? Now that's just Hell on Earth. I mean think about it. How do we properly survive and thrive when our one true soulmate and other half is miles and hours away? Tears are shed and hearts feel as though they're being ripped to shreds, but as soon as you're reunited, it's like the war is over, and never even started. It's like the best day of your life, every single time it happens. Sometimes it's hard to express these emotions to others in attempts to get them to understand. What better way to try than with the wise words of the Sandlot kids, with their filter left in the dust at home plate?

1. When you're trying to find a date to finally hangout again

"You're killin' me, Smalls!"

2. When you finally find that special date to hangout again

"Tomorrow. Noon, at our field. Be there buffalo-butt breath."

3. When you finally get to feel that reuniting hug after months

"It's about time, Benny. My clothes are going out of style."

4. When your friend refuses to tell you back how much she missed you

"Shut your mouth, Phillips!"

5. When you talk about how long you'll be friends

"For-ev-er! For-ev-er! For-ev-er! For-ev-er!"

6. When you introduce your friend to your college friends

"The kid is an L7 weenie."

7. When your friend yells at you for your poor life decisions

"Smalls, you mean to tell me you went home, swiped a ball that was signed by BABE RUTH, brought it out here and actually played with it?"

8. When you're reminiscing about old times together

"We did the dumbest thing anyone of us could ever have imagined."

9. When your mom tells you to stop obsessing over said long distance friend

"Honey, I want you to make some friends this summer, lots of them."

10. When you're giving each other important life advice

"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered but legends never die, follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

11. When you finally get the chance to insult each other again

"Moron!"

"Scab eater!"

"Butt sniffer!"

12. When you let each other know you'll always be there, no matter what the distance may be

"Just stand out there and stick your glove out in the air. I'll take care of it."