The Lone Wolf

The Lone Wolf

Being a lone wolf does not make you a loner, it makes you different, and there's nothing wrong with that.

422

When I think about the lone wolf, I think about packs of wolves, running with each other because they share a common goal or they are afraid of going at it alone. The lone wolf is something different. He knows the tasks ahead. He knows the path he runs on is tough . But, he still goes at it alone. Sometimes, it's by choice. Other times, he can't find anyone to run with him. Regardless, he still walks whatever path he chooses. No one to stop him. No one to have his back. He's alone. When people see the lone wolf, they don't think for a second about how he feels or what he thinks. He knows this better than anyone. Still, he's just running on the path. No matter what, the lone wolf is just running and roaming around, looking at these packs. Then he looks at himself and just continues on his path.

Why am I telling you all of this?

Because I am the lone wolf. For as long as I can remember, I have always considered myself "the lone wolf." Sometimes it's a choice. Other times, it's not. I'm what you call an extra introvert. I like to socialize. I like to meet new people. I basically like everything an average extrovert likes. The only thing is, not a lot of people give me a chance. I don't know why. And I try not to give a crap. But despite being a lone wolf, I still walk the path I choose with dignity, confidence, the Lord's Strength, and personality. Being a lone wolf surrounded by packs is like being one student surrounded by cliques on a college campus. I walk the college campus with the goal of getting my college degree and living life to the fullest. But, while I'm doing that, I see fraternities, sororities, clubs, and other social groups flooding the campus in different areas. That's how it is on a lot of college campuses. And where do I stand? I'm just running on my path. I'm not going to lie. Sometimes, being a lone wolf can be sad. It can make you feel longing to find a friend or a female companion that you can talk to or hang out with. Even when you know you have at least one of those, you still feel alone in your current state of mind, which means you also have to be your own motivator. Sometimes, I feel great to be a lone wolf. Just because I'm a lone wolf does not mean I don't stand out. I do a lot to stand out for myself. I show my talents. I speak what's on my mind. I set high ambitions for myself because I can know I can be something someday. And I remember the family and friends that had such a powerful impact on my life. So, overall, I accept that I'm the lone wolf and I make the best out of it.

How does this relate to you?

Even in cliques that are joined or in packs that are formed, every part of the clique or pack is different. They have something that they provide to the table that the pack can't live without. In other words, everyone is different in their own special way. They deal with their own stuff. They have certain parts of their life that make them who they are. But what makes the lone wolf interesting is that he is strong, mentally and physically. He has heart. He has courage. He would take a hit for those he cares about or those that can't hold their own. There is always a lone wolf in certain areas. If you consider yourself as a lone wolf, it doesn't make you weird, anti-social, or alone. It only makes you different. And I would rather be different than basic.