Living With ADHD As Told By Spongebob Squarepants

Leedle leedle leedle lee
480

Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is known to be incredibly disruptive in everyday life. It is a brain disorder marked by an ongoing pattern of inattention and/or hyperactivity-impulsivity that interferes with functioning or development. ADHD includes symptoms that are present over a longer period of time and happen in different settings. They hurt our ability to function socially, academically, and at home.

1. When you prefer reading short articles with pictures rather than paragraphs of information, like this one!

2. Remembering where you put your phone is a huge accomplishment.

3. You write notes on your hand rather than a piece of paper because writing it down will make you anxious and forgetful.

4. People always tell you that you don’t need to shout since the other person is sitting right there.

5. Your paper after three hours consists of two sentences, while others are halfway done.

6. Math will always stress you out.

7. You get mad when people tell you to calm down.

8. The slightest tap will distract you during a test.

9. Your impulsiveness is out of control.

10. You despise people who keep their TV on really loud.

11. When someone says “How could you forget that?” you feel really bad. As much as you would like to remember, you were staring at the clouds and imagining what shape they were.

12. When you take your medication, you're hyper focused on one activity and you get mad when anyone tries to disrupt you.

13. Your friends often have to help you reorganize. Shoutout to Taylor for organizing my dorm room for five hours. I love you.

14. Losing interest in things you were super interested in five seconds ago is all too common for you

15. When people ask to buy your medication

16. You suffer from short-term memory loss.

17. Your mind is running on 2,098,420,938 different things. It is sometimes hard to fall asleep at night. Oh my God, what will I wear tomorrow? What's for breakfast?

18. Netflix and chill? More like Netflix and get up every five seconds. Check my phone. Move my position. Go the the bathroom.

19. On the bright side, we are adventurous, loving and we respect one’s independence.