Living A Rewarding Life

Living A Rewarding Life

It starts with you

95
Living A Rewarding Life
Spring

When it comes to living a rewarding life, you need to take risks. Applying for a job? Try one-upping yourself and apply for the one job you wish you had. Wanting to start a new sport? Stop finding reasons or excuses as to why you shouldn't do it. Whatever your prerogative is, the only one stopping you from living your life is yourself.

My whole life I have found excuses as to why I shouldn't do something. My whole life I have had dreams come and go. I have watched brilliant ideas go to waste because I am afraid or unsure of how things will end up. Needless to say, I allowed possible greatness to slip out of my hands. Now, I am not Einstein, not in any way, but I have noticed that by standing on the side lines, I have, in no way, pushed myself further.

When enrolling in college, it was the first time I took a direct initiative in my life. Yeah, I was a sports girl in high school; however, in college I pushed myself to be academically successful and I took on any opportunity to learn something new. For me, the value of an education can never be taken away. Not only that, whatever I were to learn in college, both academically and socially, I knew it was going to prepare me for what lies ahead: the real world.

Flash forward seven years, I finally was able to obtain a college degree after working full-time, mainly multiple jobs, maintained a social life and remained honest with myself. It was hard work, but through it all I have learned the most important lessons thus far after walking across that stage to get my degree. The only one stopping you from living your life is yourself and the only one able to make your dream achievable is yourself.

For every weak moment in your life, there are going to be strong moments that you recognize that, although you did not get the gold medal, you still finished the race. Yeah, I got my degree, but I did not get that 4.0 GPA I was looking for. Rather, I finished the race with a smile on my face and an even greater drive to work harder. I know I may begin to sound like a broken record, but every dream is meant to be achieved. No matter your situation in life, if there is a will there is always a way.

My goal in life is to be happy while doing the things I love, such as writing, editing, reporting, graphic design, etc. With that said, I know that one day I will be able to achieve that because the only one able to accomplish that goal is myself. Yeah, I may need a pat on the back or a “Hey, friend! Keep running, you are almost there!” text every now and then, but I know that I can do it. It may not happen over night and I may have to work jobs that I do not like just to get there, but I know it will happen.

For those of you reading this article right now, take it from someone who has hated herself for twenty-two years and loved for three. Your life matters and those daydreams in your head are not fake. No, not at all. They are, at least to me, your heart telling your brain that you need to work harder because only the heart knows what you want. Even better, only you know what you want for yourself in the amount of time you have on earth, not the people around you.

So, take it from someone who has spent their entire life being a people pleaser and who just realized that hard work is just the beginning. You still want that dream job? Well, what is stopping you?