10 Reasons To Live In New York City

10 Reasons To Live In New York City

No, it's not just Manhattan. It's all 5 boroughs.

8021
10 Reasons To Live In New York City

New York City, the greatest city in the world. Among the hectic and fast paced environment, somehow those who live in it find the time and place to enjoy its beauty and everything it has to offer.

Being a native New Yorker, I have had the opportunity to experience this wonderful city in my everyday life. And because of this, NYC to me is like no other place and I couldn't imagine living anywhere else. NYC includes the five boroughs: Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island, and the Bronx -- not just Manhattan. Therefore, there are many towns to live in within these boroughs that will still give you the NYC experience.

These are the top reasons to live in New York City.

1. Convenience

When you live in NYC, the availability of stores, schools, hospitals, restaurants, museums, and pretty much anything else one could think of is either in walking distance or a short drive away.

2. Diversity

One of the greatest things about the city is the diversity in just about everything around you. From the people, to the cultures, to the festivities, it's so fascinating to be in an environment where you see different things every single day. And trust me, you never get tired of it.

3. Opportunity

There are so many job opportunities and exposures lying in the heart of the city. Whether they be business, medicine, art, or fashion related, NYC has you covered.

4. Food

OK, let's be real, there is never a time in NYC that you don't see some type of restaurant or food place. Whether it's a local restaurant, a food cart, or even a floating restaurant, there will always be one. And to top it off, there are so many ethnic restaurants that make you feel like your eating authentic homemade food of that culture. But I can't forget to mention our delicious NYC pizza.

5. There is Always Something To Do

It's true: NYC, the city that never sleeps. No matter what day of the week or time of the day it is, places are open and there will always be things to do.

6. It's the Heart of Culture, Fashion, Business, and Art

The city has the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Wall Street, Central Park, 5th Avenue, etc. Need I say more?

7. The Unique Skyline

Whether you are in Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Staten Island, or the Bronx, you can still appreciate the magnificent view of the NYC skyline.

8. New Discoveries

Whether you live in NYC for a lifetime or a few months, you will never see every single thing the city has to offer. The idea of discovering hidden gems within the city each day is something so fascinating, because it makes every day that much more interesting.

9. Transportation

You could navigate your entire way around all five boroughs on one metro card, without using a car. The MTA can be difficult at times, but if it wasn't as intricate as it is, the city would just not be the same. Whether it's the bus or subway, public transportation makes life in the city so much easier, and as a NYC resident, you become accustomed to the unique encounters you have on these transportation ways. Trust me.

10. NYC Houses Some of The Greatest Landmarks

The Empire State Building, The Statue of Liberty, The Chrysler Building, Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, The World Trade Center, Brooklyn Bridge, Grand Central Station, Madison Square Garden, Carnegie Hall, The Flatiron Building. I could go on and on.

These are just 10 main reasons why New York City is such great place to live in. Therefore, if you have the opportunity to live here for as little as a few months, do it. The city will open your eyes up to new possibilities, enhance your overall experience of diversity, and allow you to grasp a unique perspective on the way of life it has to offer.

As the song goes....

"Concrete jungle where dreams are made of
There's nothing you can't do
Now you're in New York!
These streets will make you feel brand new
Big lights will inspire you
Hear it for New York, New York, New York!
"