Don't Listen To The Jerks Who Complain About "January People" At The Gym

We get it. You lift.

17

If you’ve decided to peel yourself off of the couch and start going to the gym this month, you’re in good company. Plenty of people take advantage of the new year being a fresh start by planning a new workout routine, starting a healthy eating board on Pinterest, and maybe following an Olympian on Instagram because why not? There must be something in the January air that puts people in the goal-setting spirit, and it’s a beautiful thing.

But alas, there are always douchebags around to rain on your parade. You know who I’m talking about. Those people who post things like this:

Or this:

Or tweet their angst about the gym being packed.

We get it. You lift. Regularly.

These people are simply making it known to their followers that they already had a gym membership and are better than all of the peasants who just got one. It actually has very little to do with you.

Remember that you have just as much of a right to be there as anyone else.

Those haters started somewhere at some time too -- and there’s a 50/50 chance they did so in their #newyearnewme glory.

So take as much time as you need, go whenever you want, and do your thang! You're a boss for making it there and setting healthy goals in the first place.