Beauty Hack: Liquid Lipstick As Eyeshadow

Save money with this simple trick.

807
YouTube

Using liquid lipsticks as eyeshadow not only comes with the advantages of having longer-lasting and a more pigmented color but the bonus of saving money as well— You won't have to fight the urge to spend your paycheck on expensive eyeshadow pallets once you realize one product can double as two!

Ultra matte liquid lipsticks in some brands may be a bit too stiff, but non-transferable, drying lipsticks will work best (they won't budge and your hair won't get stuck in them every five seconds).

The metallic and blotted lips from ColourPop are my favorite because they fit that description and are super inexpensive at only $6 per tube! Because of this (and because I accidentally have way too many ColourPop lipsticks), I’ll be using the brand's liquid lipsticks for this article, but any liquid lipstick will do!

Anyone who buys from ColourPop knows that the way the lipstick colors appear on the company website are not how they appear in real life, so here are some real photos from real customers to help you get a proper idea of what the colors actually look like.

Of course, they'll appear differently on various skin tones but, for the most part, here are some ColourPop liquid lipstick swatches you'd never know aren't eyeshadow, compared to popular eyeshadow pallets from big name brands:

Anastasia Beverly Hills Eyeshadow

ColourPop Liquid Lips

Smashbox Eyeshadow

ColourPop Liquid Lips

Urban Decay Eyeshadow

ColourPop

With a special ColourPop collaboration coming to Sephora's online store and select Sephora stores, and similar liquid lipsticks available everywhere, this inexpensive beauty hack is so simple and right at your fingertips!

Pro tip: You can always apply a thin layer of transparent finishing powder on top of the lipstick if you feel like it's not setting.