How Lil Nas X Won The Internet

Lil Nas X Overcame The Billboard 100 Charts & Rules Once More

When hard work gets overlooked, work even harder!

14

It looks like another massive hit has hit the Billboard charts. Lil Nas X's song "Old Town Road" is different, presenting a mixture of hip-hop and country genres. People all over the country, as well as the world, are singing the catchy chorus.

Interestingly, this current number 1 record is a remix to a song that already came out.

Lil Nas X came out with the same song earlier this year. Many people loved the song then for its mixing of hip hop and country, which gave listeners a new and catchy sound.

As the original song was just starting to climb the charts, an unusual incident occurred. Billboard, the company responsible for all of the music charts, decided to remove "Old Town Road" from the chart entirely.

Their reasoning was that the song did not represent the country genre.

When the news came out, many people were confused, upset, and even angry over this change. Many people did not (and still don't) understand what Billboard meant by this.

How can you take away the accomplishment of an artist over a vague reason that cannot be clearly explained?

A couple of weeks later, another surprise took place. Country icon Billy Ray Cyrus voiced his opinion on the matter, declaring that as long as the song has a positive message and sounds like a country song, then it is a country song.

This co-sign from an established country artist like Cyrus was really appreciated from Lil Nas X. As a result, a remix to the song was recorded featuring Billy Ray Cyrus himself.

This remix was an even bigger hit than the original.

It is now safe to say the Billboard got it wrong. Not only do they have to return Lil Nas X to the charts, but they also have to include him at the very top of the list at number one.

It's safe to say that this song will be playing long into the summer months.

This situation is an example of a person adapting to the situation and continuing to rise. Lil Nas X could have easily complained about his original song being snubbed, and people would have understood his frustration. Instead, he continued to push through adversity and found a new way to make his music known across the world.

If any musicians, writers, actors, or anyone else feel down because your work is not being recognized, hang in there and never quit!