What It's Like To Hate Yourself When No One Thinks You Should

What It's Like To Hate Your Reflection When No One Thinks You Should

"OH MY GOSH! You are way too skinny to even think anything is wrong with you!"

89
Mikayla Carr

I honestly have spent a lot of time working to love myself, as we all should. It is a task that requires a lot of effort on a frequent basis because I will refuse to look at my body for weeks on end, knowing it is easier to pretend everything under my sweatshirt is as its' supposed to be.

But sometimes, a lot of times really, it is so hard to practice self-love when it comes to my body. I am a five foot something female and I have always struggled with maintaining a healthy weight. It mostly falls under 100 pounds, I know a lot of people hate me for even trying to complain about being so skinny but at some point, skinny is also unhealthy.

Please try and remember that the next time you slam down your skinny friend for complaining about something with their body, I would like to be able to look in the mirror and not see every single rib, skin, and bone.

It can be kinda tough, I am not very tall and weigh less than a fifth grader. That kinda sucks, could you imagine still being the exact height and weight from when you were in the prime of your elementary school years?

Who would want that? Do you understand how easily I could be pushed over by a teenager who is younger than me? So easily. The wind nearly knocks me over if it catches me off guard.

But, that is what makes me struggle so much with being empathetic with my body or crave a want to be proud of the skin and flesh that I am. I see pointy elbows, jutted out collarbones, and to me, that is pathetic and sad. But I am learning every day to be kinder to myself because it is worth it to give myself credit for the parts of my body that I do look at.