5 Things To Add To Your Life In The New Year

Add These 5 things to your life in the new year to switch up your lifestyle

Have you literally ever kept a New Year's Resolution for more than a week? Probably not.

18
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/39/2018_New_Year%27s_Eve_Celebration_in_Dalian_%28Self-participation%3B_Firework-1st%29.jpg

We all know that New Year's Resolutions are an infinite case study in human failure. Last year, I told myself I'd work out once a week. If by "work out" I meant napping excessively on the couch, then I guess I succeeded? Anyway, here is a list of easy lifestyle changes that you can mix in this 2019.

Take time to yourself sometimes.

2018 was the year of everyone talking about self-care, and while that fad will probably end in 2019, that doesn't mean that learning to take time for yourself isn't important. Especially if you're a student, it can feel like the entire world is resting on your shoulders, and you gotta take half an hour to lay in the bubble bath with a face mask and a glass of wine to really remind yourself that you are a badass bitch who takes nothing from anyone.

Take time for your passions too.

In the same vein as self-care, doing nothing but school and work will eventually end in a nervous breakdown in the Thompson library bathroom, totally not speaking from experience. Take time to do whatever you're passionate about, whether it be painting or reading or playing Ouija board or whatever. Take a break from the busy day to day life of a student, and work on your passions.

Be a better friend.

We can all be a better friend, literally every single one of us. We must focus in 2019 on checking in on our friends, listening to them always, and being there for those we care about.

Learn to listen to your body. 

As much as the college lifestyle of pizza and beer is incredible and fulfilling in every way, it's really bad for you. If in some small way, you focus on your health in 2019, that's an accomplishment. Focus on being in tune with your body, and knowing what makes it feel good and what makes it feel bad. That's a huge step in the right direction.

Love yourself!

Look, in 2019, we all have to love ourselves. We are all ethereal and magical bad bitches, and in 2019 we will only be talking about ourselves in a positive light, and taking only what we deserve. Self love, ladies!