Life Won't Be Perfect
Life Won't Be Perfect
Mihai Paraschiv via Pixabay

Wouldn't it be nice if life could go smoothly 100 percent of the time? You wouldn't have to worry about any bumps in the road and life would just go its course without any hiccups. This, of course, is not how life works. In a way, it sucks, but in other ways, it makes life interesting. Life would be too predictable if life went smoothly.

If life went smoothly, there would be no challenges in life. Life would be predictable and honestly kind of boring. Without bad times, we wouldn't know how great our good times are because we wouldn't have anything to compare them to. Life is meant to be filled with challenges and different paths. The good news is that you can control what direction your life goes in based on the choices you make. That can make life a little scary sometimes when you think about it. But that's something exciting about life. Anything can happen in this crazy life and you have a say about what happens in yours.

If life went smoothly, life would almost be too perfect. Perfection, no matter how hard you try, is unattainable. Media would have us believe that perfection is something you should strive for, but this is simply not true.

No matter how hard you strive for perfection in this lifetime, it is unattainable. At least the pressure is off of you, because no one can be perfect. There are times when I strive for perfection, but at the end of the day, I have to tell myself that its not possible to be perfect and I should simply do my best. It's important to remember to not work yourself too hard toward a goal that is unattainable. You can hold yourself to high expectations and standards, but don't overwork yourself and spread yourself too thin. This can quickly lead to burnout, anxiety and depression. Undue stress on oneself is never good.

There are so many times in my life that I was disappointed with myself. I strived to be perfect and I was unhappy that I couldn't reach perfection. It took me a long time to realize that it would never be possible to be perfect. Once I finally let it go, I was finally happy. Sometimes it takes a little time to realize that your best is good enough. You should strive to be your very best, but you should never work toward something that isn't possible. You'll just end up disappointing yourself for no reason.

Your life is what you make of it, and you can do absolutely anything you put your mind to. Strive to do your best and put your best foot forward every day. But remember, don't try so hard that you don't slow down and enjoy the life that you are living. Love the life you were given and make the most of it.